Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Photos, Videos and post Ride-out Comments  (Read 5021 times)

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
Re: Photos, Videos and post Ride-out Comments
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2019, 10:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Onslowe [+]
Getting a bit brandophobic around here, quite surprising in this day and age  :192: Like many others these days I am brand neutral  and happy to let others know about it  :whistle:

Most of it is just having fun. Is the opposite of a brandophobe a brandophile? That would be me as well, I love different mfgrs.  They each do things in a certain way, from styling to choice and use of fasteners... a thousand little engineering decisions that become a habit with a given mfgr. for the sake of efficiency on the assembly line.

The brands I judge as worse are the ones whose components fail or drift out of adjustment too quickly with use -- design flaws in engine internals, layout of the electrical system especially. Corner-cutting, or putting things on the market before they have been shaken down and proved they will work and hold up....

It's been a process over the decades, but all the Japanese builders have things at a high level nowadays. They still have their different ways of doing things, but they deliver what's described on the tin. It's great to have so many choices.  :028:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline NIVersysOwner

• Versys Pro
  • Slow and Steady Wins the Race!
  • Bike: V 650 GT 2018
  • City / Town: Coleraine
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2019, 10:48 PM »
Yes thank you to Geoff, Lyn and Richard for an amazing weekend.
I havenít stopped smiling since I came back.

Also thank you to Andy and Dave for the warm welcome and making me feel part of the group from the very start at the campsite.

The Rat for always smiling and being a delight to chat with.

Clubpenguin for being a patient rider behind me most of Saturday and giving me a great idea for a sat nav mount.

And to everyone else for just coming together and making this weekend one of the best holidays I have ever had.

Dave I owe you a pint of Guinness when you come over! Iíll even throw in a whisky chaser for good measure.

Jay
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
1st ever Strap-on award winner!!!
2019!!!

Online jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2019, 07:48 PM »
Just got back from the Isle of Skye having dropped off zee 3 Germans (Scarabeus/Andrea, Thomas Everyman and Detlef). They were well impressed with the meet for the fun, relaxed nature and the 'crazy riding'. It seems that we might not be as organised or professional as our German Versys cousins, but we make up for it with laughs and pace.

On a personal note; Geoff, Lyn and Richard this was the best meet I've seen in terms of the balance of roads, the banter and the utter joy that came from that last section 'attack on the Death Star' run. Watching Stewie spunk his number plate on the jump, then Marcus spin up as he went off it like Wiley Coyote...and then laughing so hard that I knocked mine into neutral when I hit it 2 seconds later.

Amazing!

PS - still laughing about WhiskyDave's '2 smelly German fingers' quip.

Offline THE RAT

• Versys Pro
  • THE RAT ORKNEY ISLES SCOTLAND
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2019, 09:20 PM »
 :152: :152: Hi all that's me home last night   at 10pm  :lostit: had a great run around seen some nice places   and lots of good roads   :celebrate:   I would like to thank you all for a great week and especially  geoff ,lyn and Richard  for sorting the route . As normal  I had lots of rain  but had a great time   already looking forward to next year  if the dates are the ones what were said  I will book them as  soon as possible. 
 ONE VERY HAPPY  RAT   
        Thanks all  :123A:

Offline Flying v2

• Versys Pro
  • Careful now
  • Bike: R nine t racer
  • City / Town: Hednesford
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2019, 05:05 PM »
Jay, john and johnster happy too hear you are all home safe and everyone else who made a memorable weekend .
Will be enjoying my Orkney ale this weekend courtesy of the day.
Oh forgot to mention the dales was the xsr's swansong.... Omg I have brought this!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 05:08 PM by Flying v2 »
I'm going out on my bike.

Offline Flying v2

• Versys Pro
  • Careful now
  • Bike: R nine t racer
  • City / Town: Hednesford
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2019, 05:09 PM »
I know only one thing worse then a traitor..... A BMW traitor.
I'm going out on my bike.

Online Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2019, 05:45 PM »
Congrats on the new bike Stuart  :028: Let us know how it goes, especially compared to the XSR which is such a hard act to beat.
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2019, 05:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Flying v2 [+]
I know only one thing worse then a traitor..... A BMW  Traitor Tosser.
Corrected it for you  :028:
Richard    :001: 

Offline sullspots

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000,NC750X
  • City / Town: Liverpool UK
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2019, 07:16 PM »
Cool looking bike  :123A: :123A:  but the riding position won't be as comfy as the Yam  :5: :5: ...

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2019, 01:13 AM »
Can I take a guess at the  number plate?