Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.


Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New Member, Shandy  (Read 1808 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Shandy

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 195
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
  • Country: gb
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 11:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]

 +1 to 100miles comments.

 You can flog the 650 for all it's worth and not get into too much trouble. Can't say the same for the litre + bikes.
Main problem with the 650 is split lips from too much grin.

 Oh,  and they don't wear out.

  :biker1: :biker1:

  Rob.

Look forward to to testing out that theory, haha!

Build quality from Kawasaki seems built proof, another reason why Iím glad I stayed with the brand.

Feel a bit of an imposter at the moment as I donít actually have my bike yet but I really canít wait and amazed by the friendly welcoming from everyone
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Boggs

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 5124
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Africa Twin
  • City / Town: CONSETT
  • Country: gb
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 09:58 AM »
Hello matey and welcome to the forum.

Cheers Boggs
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Online Shandy

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 195
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
  • Country: gb
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 11:05 AM »
Phone call from dealer this morning,

Bike now ordered, yeah!!

She Will be in later this week.
I can go down, pay rest of the deposit and choose the reg, etc... when she arrives.

GT kit (panniers, etc...) is coming from Holland so that should be in by Friday or Monday.

All in all I should be riding her away early next week, just depends when GT kit arrives and how long it takes to fit!
Theyíve also agreed to re-fit all my electronics like satnav and camera as well as alarm and paddock stand bobbins Iíve ordered. So I wonít be surprised if sheís delayed a little.

Very excited now and one step closer!
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline uralrob

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 9834
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
  • Country: ca
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 01:32 PM »


 Sounds good  :028:.

 I like your 'A bike is for life .....'  :002:

 Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Online Shandy

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 195
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
  • Country: gb
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 03:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]

 Sounds good  :028:.

 I like your 'A bike is for life .....'  :002:

 Rob.

Thanks Rob,  :7:

Gotta confess, itís not a Shandy original  :whistle:

It actually came from a T-shirt I bought a while ago!

https://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/collections/motorcycle-t-shirts/products/sunny-days-t-shirt

But the moral of the saying is true though!  :152:

Appreciate the welcome.

Adam.
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Rictus

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 288
  • Bike: 09 Versys tourer
  • City / Town: London
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 09:58 AM »
Greeting & welcome, they got the name right for the bike, surprisingly versatile bike, I've had mine out with everything from old oil burning veterans on the pioneer run up to sports bikes on a sunday blat, it'll do it all, I'm not a million mile away in Crystal palace and often go see mates in Maidstone as well as a fortnightly bike meet in Farningham (near Brands Hatch), so give us a shout if you fancy putting on a few miles, also interesting enough, you said you work for the ambulance service? I was (in a previous life, back in the late 80's & 90's) an ambulance paramedic for Surrey for 12 years myself.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the anticipation as well as receiving the new bike. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:03 AM by Rictus »

Online Shandy

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 195
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
  • Country: gb
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 03:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rictus [+]
Greeting & welcome, they got the name right for the bike, surprisingly versatile bike, I've had mine out with everything from old oil burning veterans on the pioneer run up to sports bikes on a sunday blat, it'll do it all, I'm not a million mile away in Crystal palace and often go see mates in Maidstone as well as a fortnightly bike meet in Farningham (near Brands Hatch), so give us a shout if you fancy putting on a few miles, also interesting enough, you said you work for the ambulance service? I was (in a previous life, back in the late 80's & 90's) an ambulance paramedic for Surrey for 12 years myself.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the anticipation as well as receiving the new bike.

Hi Ric,

Thanks for the kind welcome.

I know of Crystal Palace, used to do delivery around there in the past. Nice place but terrible football team  :008:

Nice to hear from someone who knows the service, but Iím even more glad to read that you made it out!
What do you do now?
I guarantee you wouldnít recognise the ambulance service now!
 
I work forSECAmb (formerly Kent, Surrey and Sussex ambulance services before they were amalgamated) as a controller and I used to work in the old Surrey HQ at Banstead before they moved us all to Crawley two years ago. Iív just this month moved to the old Kent HQ in Coxheath, Maidstone.
I also buy my bikes from Laguna, so I know Maidstone well.
I imagine you are talking about the meetings at the Oakdene cafe, I also know of it and have been many times, although I donít often get to the bike meets. My new commute takes me past the cafe so maybe Iíll get more opportunity to stop in, maybe see you there!

And talking of Brands Hatch, I have a good tip that I might be getting tickets to see the BSB on Fatherís Day!
Donít know if anyone else is planning to go from here?

Thanks again for the kind welcoming.

I was hoping for a phone call from Laguna today but unfortunately Iím still waiting so hopefully Iíll get one tomorrow and finally get to see my lovely new Versyís at least!
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Kawaboy

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1323
  • Bike: 2009 V / F800GT
  • City / Town: Skiptonish
  • Country: gb
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 05:48 PM »
 :185:

In the 5,500 to 7,000 rev range it'll go as fast as you need it to on most roads.
Not brilliant on motorways but who uses them?  :151:

Enjoy  :biker1:

PS: The old Mk1s are the fastest
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 05:50 PM by Kawaboy »
I want to retire, no longer required,
I want to get by without the man on my back.

Offline Rictus

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 288
  • Bike: 09 Versys tourer
  • City / Town: London
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2019, 10:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
Hi Ric,

Thanks for the kind welcome.

I know of Crystal Palace, used to do delivery around there in the past. Nice place but terrible football team  :008:

Nice to hear from someone who knows the service, but Iím even more glad to read that you made it out!
What do you do now?
I guarantee you wouldnít recognise the ambulance service now!
 
I work forSECAmb (formerly Kent, Surrey and Sussex ambulance services before they were amalgamated) as a controller and I used to work in the old Surrey HQ at Banstead before they moved us all to Crawley two years ago. Iív just this month moved to the old Kent HQ in Coxheath, Maidstone.
I also buy my bikes from Laguna, so I know Maidstone well.
I imagine you are talking about the meetings at the Oakdene cafe, I also know of it and have been many times, although I donít often get to the bike meets. My new commute takes me past the cafe so maybe Iíll get more opportunity to stop in, maybe see you there!

And talking of Brands Hatch, I have a good tip that I might be getting tickets to see the BSB on Fatherís Day!
Donít know if anyone else is planning to go from here?

Thanks again for the kind welcoming.

I was hoping for a phone call from Laguna today but unfortunately Iím still waiting so hopefully Iíll get one tomorrow and finally get to see my lovely new Versyís at least!

Not much for football in general, so don't follow the local team at all, no idea if they are good or bad, as to the bike meet, yes they have one at the Oakdene every wednesday in summer, but the one I was talking about is bike night at the pied bull in farningham, they have a special burger menu on and we can get our tea in proper mugs rather than the fancy single pot stuff, it's every other wednesday, but I'm not sure when the next is to be honest.

I also worked at Banstead, both in the Station (when it was operational it had direct access to the A217) for a couple of years, and a stint at the Hq/ training school when I was  taken off operation to instruct courses for a bit.

I don't really get down to watch WSB or BSB that much anymore, but do follow some friends who run in mini twins and thunder twins.

Hope you don't have any issues with the bike delivery and get out on the roads soon.

Online Shandy

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 195
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
  • Country: gb
Re: New Member, Shandy
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2019, 10:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rictus [+]
Not much for football in general, so don't follow the local team at all, no idea if they are good or bad, as to the bike meet, yes they have one at the Oakdene every wednesday in summer, but the one I was talking about is bike night at the pied bull in farningham, they have a special burger menu on and we can get our tea in proper mugs rather than the fancy single pot stuff, it's every other wednesday, but I'm not sure when the next is to be honest.

I also worked at Banstead, both in the Station (when it was operational it had direct access to the A217) for a couple of years, and a stint at the Hq/ training school when I was  taken off operation to instruct courses for a bit.

I don't really get down to watch WSB or BSB that much anymore, but do follow some friends who run in mini twins and thunder twins.

Hope you don't have any issues with the bike delivery and get out on the roads soon.

Didnít know about the Farningham meet, but Iíll keep an eye out for it, if you end up going let me know.

The access to the A217 was well and truly closed off when I worked there but it always remained a area of contention and often discussed.

We had outgrown the main building and for more than 5years the EOC was being run out of a derelict portacabin in the car park! Very little security, leaky roof and walls and more wildlife living there than humans.
One of the CCPís were shot in the neck by a pellet gun through a closed window once too!

If only the public knew...

The new building in Crawley is very nice on the outside but to be honest itís been built on a budget. Three months after we moved in the toilets flooded the ground floor and we had to use portaloos through most of the winter and itís still not fixed.
The worst thing is there was no motorcycle parking  :5:  it took 6months of emails and a couple of meetings before they finally painted some lines on the floor and wrote motorcycle only! And it only happened after someone reversed into a colleagues bike who was parked in a car space on a night shift, the driver said she didnít see the bike, so our point was proven!  :152:
The sad thing is I had my accident about a week later and only got to use the motorcycle bays I worked so hard to get, twice!!

Anyway, I ramble on a bit.

Latest update on my bike is that it arrived at the dealer too late on Friday and the bank holiday weekend means I have to wait until Tuesday to see her!!  :157:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>