Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Polarsteps  (Read 372 times)

Offline TouraDre

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650 2010
  • City / Town: Dartford
Polarsteps
« on: Jun 05, 2019, 10:27 PM »
Hi....
Does anybody here know/use Polarsteps app?

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
Re: Polarsteps
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2019, 03:05 AM »
Since I had to look up that app to see what it was, I assume I can safely say no, I don't.   :138: 

Not clear to me what this does that isn't already included in that privacy busting app we call Google Android when you let them store and keep your location data.   :notsure:    And I am even less sure why you'd want that on your phone... :33:

Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...   :whistle:

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline TouraDre

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650 2010
  • City / Town: Dartford
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2019, 07:57 AM »
I was looking for a way to record my trip and while I use Googlemaps for all my driving, I don't like (maybe I don't understand) how it records trips.
This app recorded my trip and I could insert pictures and comments on the locations I stopped at on the way. Simply and without too much fuss. I could also invite people to follow my trip where they have access to location, pictures and comments.
Unless I find a better way to do the above this will stay on my phone..... together with many other dubious app ;)

Offline Jonesthesteam

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: MK1 V650
  • City / Town: Devon
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2019, 08:55 AM »
I used it on my trip to France last year and it was pretty good, my family liked seeing my progress at the end of each day and could see the photos I'd taken and read the comments, it did miss the odd step and sort of made up a straight line between start and finish points occasionally but overall for a free app it worked okay, I also bought a photo album from them at the end of my trip from them which was well produced and presented and was a nice physical memento, I was an early adopter so the album cost about 10 as I recall

Jonesy

Offline Boggs

• Versys Mega God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Africa Twin
  • City / Town: CONSETT
« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2019, 11:22 PM »
Sounds like you need MyRouteapp really easy to record/store/plan/share routes.

:028:

:031:
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT