Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Born again from North Yorkshire - Endeavor  (Read 1103 times)

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
Re: Born again from North Yorkshire - Endeavor
« Reply #10 on: Jun 26, 2019, 01:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
There won't be anyone following me around the Dales for a while Dave.   I have more waterworks problems at the minute, and am awaiting an appearance at James Cook in Middlesbrough for another op. I am hopeful that this summer ( if it ever starts) is not going to pass me by.
Bugger....hope you get sorted sooner rather than later Geoff. Hoping to get back down to Hawes for my last camping trip of the year later in the summer with a couple of mates who had to pull out of the V trip. Look after yourself mate.  :028:

Offline gushud

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650 2010
  • City / Town: Darlington
« Reply #11 on: Jun 26, 2019, 02:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum Endeavour, I'm just down the road in Darlington, often over at Manor ca fe in Bellerby give me a
shout if you want company.

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #12 on: Jun 26, 2019, 03:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
There won't be anyone following me around the Dales for a while Dave.   I have more waterworks problems at the minute, and am awaiting an appearance at James Cook in Middlesbrough for another op. I am hopeful that this summer ( if it ever starts) is not going to pass me by.

Geoff, I think you should get us the name of your surgeon and we should all write him, 2 or 3 thousand of us, telling him that it is absolutely required that he be on top of his game with this one particular patient, that he must be gotten back in the saddle and patrolling the Dales, and that it is a matter of national priority. Just get us a name and address; we'll do the rest.  :123A:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 2019, 02:54 PM »
 :185: :185: :185:
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline Endeavor

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #14 on: Jun 29, 2019, 09:22 AM »
Apologies for the delayed response.  Thanks very much for the welcome and the advice! Iíll give you a shout Gushod in a few weeks after Iíve ran the bike in and itís had its first service.  Iíll be a bit more confident by then!  I never knew that cafe nor the shop existed!  So much for my local knowledge! 

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #15 on: Jul 01, 2019, 05:38 AM »
 :185:

Versys is a great bike, I too was looking at the V-Storm but I didn't like the look of the hard aluminium luggage. Especially on a bike that's never going off road!

The deal made it worth it and I got the GT too, glad to stay with the Kawasaki brand and never looked back.

Enjoy your riding and like everyone before me has said, take it easy.

Id recommend joining an advanced riding group (IAM or RoSPA) just google your local group. Training is superb and you wont believe just how good you can become!

Also if your local turns out to be anything like my RoSPA group, it's full of like minded 'born-again-bikers' who will be able to get you back up to speed, skillfully.

If nothing else, it's an excuse to get out on  your bike. We have meets on 3 out of 4 Sundays each month, all year round! There's also added social rides in the summer.

It's a great way to get back into biking!

Apaert from all that, enjoy your Versys and the forum  :152:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Kawaboy

• Versys God
  • Bike: MK1 V / F800GT
  • City / Town: Skiptonish
« Reply #16 on: Jul 03, 2019, 12:54 PM »
Welcome Endeavor  :185:
I'm near Skipton. Maybe see you around the Dales sometime.
I came back to biking after a similar break at age 49 - been back now for 10 years. Have (safe) fun  :biker1:
I want to retire, no longer required,
I want to get by without the man on my back.