Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Coast road claims itís latest victims...  (Read 1535 times)

Offline sullspots

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000,NC750X
  • City / Town: Liverpool UK
Re: Coast road claims itís latest victims...
« Reply #10 on: Jul 16, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Ouch Jay,sorry to hear about you and your friend  :22: I hope you arenít too badly bust up and good luck getting back on the road.

Online wwhite139

• Versys Pro
  • 40 Ballpoint pens...
  • Bike: White 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bangor
« Reply #11 on: Jul 16, 2019, 03:48 PM »
Jay sorry to hear you've had a spill, but glad you're both ok.  I've PM'd you as I have a spare panel for free if you'd like it.
Regards, Willy.

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2019, 02:16 AM »
Some days nothing works right... I can usually tell by the time I've gotten up, stubbed my toe on the bathroom door, missed the toilet on the first pee and spilled my coffee in rapid succession. It sounds like your crew were in a perfect storm of things going wrong. I'm glad no one was badly hurt, save in the pocketbook. It coulda been worse.  :goggle:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline NIVersysOwner

• Versys Pro
  • Slow and Steady Wins the Race!
  • Bike: V 650 GT 2018
  • City / Town: Coleraine
Re: Coast road claims it’s latest victims...
« Reply #13 on: Jul 17, 2019, 10:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by TallTex [+]
Some days nothing works right... I can usually tell by the time I've gotten up, stubbed my toe on the bathroom door, missed the toilet on the first pee and spilled my coffee in rapid succession. It sounds like your crew were in a perfect storm of things going wrong. I'm glad no one was badly hurt, save in the pocketbook. It coulda been worse.  :goggle:

Hey Tex. yea can always be worse!
The storm was only beginning. I have since heard of 4 other bikers going down the same day. Just up the road from where I did. Not sure if injuries yet.

Silver lining though is mine will be ready for the Scotland trip at the end of this month. Sore part is it’s £1000 for the parts and labour. But what’s life without these little challenges lol.

Jay
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2019, 11:07 PM by NIVersysOwner »
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
1st ever Strap-on award winner!!!
2019!!!

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2019, 11:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by NIVersysOwner [+]
The storm was only beginning. I have since heard of 4 other bikers going down the same day. Just up the toad from where I did. Not sure if injuries yet.

My God, how weird is that? I guess all we can do is listen to our intuition when things don't feel right, and proceed with extra caution and awareness... I get these hunches sometimes in regard to car or bike trips. I go on and do what I planned to do, but with both my antennae up and twitching.  :notsure:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline NIVersysOwner

• Versys Pro
  • Slow and Steady Wins the Race!
  • Bike: V 650 GT 2018
  • City / Town: Coleraine
« Reply #15 on: Jul 17, 2019, 11:12 PM »
Indeed! Nightmare!!! A lot of damage done in one day.

Scares me a little as this road (as famous as it is for bikers) has kinda put me off a little. But itís also a road being greatly considered for the NVM 2020 route. Just in opposite direction I was headed...

Need to have a chat with some other bikers here and see whatís best in the long run.
Donít want to deprive you guys from a great road but I really, really donít want to put anyone in danger on a road thatís known to not only injure but kill bikers every year.

Jay
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
1st ever Strap-on award winner!!!
2019!!!

Offline Siberman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650
« Reply #16 on: Jul 18, 2019, 05:52 AM »
Some of the damage to the plastic panels could be fixed with a plastic welder for, I think, about £30. If youíre not too worried about a showroom finish.
Yes, definitely listen to that strange warning voice/6th sense.
I'm sorry, really bad reception here, you said your name was Dr. who?

Online Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #17 on: Jul 18, 2019, 07:35 AM »
Jay, sorry to hear about your spill but glad to hear you were all OK. Have you thought about getting a set of crash bars fitted ? In a minor spill they will often save all the plastics and as we all know "shit happens". When I forgot my disc lock was on and dropped my MK1 it cost me just a footpeg  (£25), only lost half of it so OK to ride, and without the bars it would have been fairing damage for sure. Hope it all gets sorted  :028:
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #18 on: Jul 18, 2019, 08:56 AM »
Jay

You can't take responsibility for everyone, everyone has to ride within their own limits and know those limits. Other than that shit happens when a group are out together, it just does. Just plan the route for a good ride and it will be alreet
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • still lovin' it
  • Bike: F850GS - GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #19 on: Jul 18, 2019, 09:14 AM »
 :89: :89:

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.