Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Back in the fold.  (Read 643 times)

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: Back in the fold.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 16, 2019, 02:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by whiskydave [+]
  :notsure:   I'll give you a week.  :008: :008: :008:
That long?  :notsure: I reckon you'd measure it in minutes or yards.

My bet is he's already wheelied past a mile of Liverpublian cagers, one hand giving the wanker sign and the other pinned to full throttle. :celebrate:

Any takers on his rear tyre lasting more than 6k miles? :biker3:
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2019, 02:09 PM by jonnster71 »

Offline Silverfox

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #11 on: Jul 16, 2019, 06:20 PM »
Your going to miss that DCT 😀 😀 (I will) in all seriousness Iíve been on a few new bikes lately  but nothing has blow me away yet but I do need to have a go on this new one , is it the full blow version (SE) with all the bells and whistles? Iíve been sensing my time with mild off road riding has come to a end now I know Iím not as good as I thought, couple of offs have hurt and coming off while beach racing in the West coast of Ireland 🇮🇪 When I thought Iíd bust my ankle was the nail in the coffin to start looking for a new model , let us all know how you get on and good luck .👍

Silverfox

Online sullspots

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000,NC750X
  • City / Town: Liverpool UK
« Reply #12 on: Jul 16, 2019, 06:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Clunkyboy [+]
Nice, very nice
Thanks Clunky  :028:  I was after one bike to replace the Fazer 1000 and the NC750 and the V 1000 I hope will be a good choice.I'll miss the practicality of the Honda and the Fazer was just a very very good bike,a bit old school now but so fast.

*Originally Posted by whiskydave [+]
  :notsure:   I'll give you a week.  :008: :008: :008:
I have to at least ruin it in and I haven't got the bottle to do the Motoman method  :5: :5:

*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]

..... but are you a Gentleman?   :007: :whistle:

Pretty hard to flog either a 650 or 1k to death imo provided it hasn't been neglected. They're tougher and faster than any road or rider I know.
 Lardier to look at than to ride. Kawi could use a new styling team.

Rob.
I CAN ride like a gentleman, usually only when I'm out on my own I ride sedately with the absolute maximum mechanical sympathy. :31: :31:  Riding with the Versys forum can bring out the  :124: :124:  in a few of us.

The styling is a bit Transformer-ish and that seems to be the way Kawasaki and a few other manufacturers are going.It does carry it's weight very well on the road, it's actually only about 23kg heavier than my old NC750X and Fazer 1000.

*Originally Posted by jonnster71 [+]
That long?  :notsure: I reckon you'd measure it in minutes or yards.

My bet is he's already wheelied past a mile of Liverpublian cagers, one hand giving the wanker sign and the other pinned to full throttle. :celebrate:

Any takers on his rear tyre lasting more than 6k miles? :biker3:
You paint a very mischievous picture  :123A: :123A: but I couldn't wheelie a bike to save my life,I did it once by accident on my 650 and banged the crown jewels on the tank so hard it put me off them for life. :22: :138:

Online sullspots

• Versys God
« Reply #13 on: Jul 16, 2019, 07:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Silverfox [+]
Your going to miss that DCT 😀 😀 (I will) in all seriousness Iíve been on a few new bikes lately  but nothing has blow me away yet but I do need to have a go on this new one , is it the full blow version (SE) with all the bells and whistles? Iíve been sensing my time with mild off road riding has come to a end now I know Iím not as good as I thought, couple of offs have hurt and coming off while beach racing in the West coast of Ireland 🇮🇪 When I thought Iíd bust my ankle was the nail in the coffin to start looking for a new model , let us all know how you get on and good luck .👍

Silverfox

I will miss the dct,Iíve almost stalled the V a couple of times coming up to stop lines without a thought to pulling in the clutch or changing down the gears  :lostit: and I did look at the Africa Twin just for the  DCT.I wonít be doing any off road though and only other dctís had the v4 engine and I prefer an inline 4.
 Of all the bikes I considered I kept coming back to the V1000,the one I went for is the base model.The tft dash and electric suspension added over £4000 to mine so it was an easy decision.

Online Wal

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Northumberland
« Reply #14 on: Jul 16, 2019, 08:14 PM »
nice one Sulls, hope you enjoy it... :028: :028:

Online sullspots

• Versys God
« Reply #15 on: Jul 16, 2019, 08:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wal [+]
nice one Sulls, hope you enjoy it... :028: :028:
Thanks Wal  :028: I'm sure I will,I can't wait to put some miles on it. :biker1: :biker1: