Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: broken frame  (Read 1702 times)

Offline jim ballantyne

• Versys God
Re: broken frame
« Reply #40 on: Aug 16, 2019, 07:40 AM »
No need to call me mr ballantyne tex all the older blokes on here are just one of the boys.you might find this interesting when I was 16 I played the cornet in a brass band and a trumpet in a jazz group unfortunately I fell off my bicycle and landed face first in a pile of rubble ruining my embrouchure so my playing days were over.
Jim

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #41 on: Aug 16, 2019, 08:20 AM »
Yep, loss of embouchure will stop brass & woodwind players. I knew a sax player who developed numbness and nerve problems in his lip and couldn't control the reed anymore. He was gutted about it.

The last couple of years I worked playing electric bass I was visited by spells of cramping and charlie horses in my fingers. It had the same effect. It got more frequent until I had to pack it in and retire from regular gigging.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2019, 08:24 AM by TallTex »
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Mothman

• Versys Pro
  • Organic engineer only - mechanically challenged
  • Bike: KLE Mk2 ABS '11
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
« Reply #42 on: Aug 17, 2019, 07:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stewie [+]
You and Mothy need to start a band.
He is a mean piano/keyboard player with some success!

Resurrect the bass;  ditch the brass and go for woodwind Jim;  Stewie must have a few thimbles and a washboard amongst all his other junk I seen..and I'll get the Casio outta the loft.  Call ourselves "The V Stars" - well some of us could... I feel a song coming on.

Good news re. the Bike Jim...keep on keeping on.. :152: :152:
ride history 1971 on :
Honda CB125; Honda XL250; Yamaha XT500; Kawasaki Z1; Kawasaki GPZ900R; Honda CB900FA; Honda CB750R; Yamaha XVS650; Yamaha XVS1100; Kawasaki Versys 650

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #43 on: Aug 17, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Hitting store shelves soon: the smash debut CD from The Fabulous Chicken Strips:007:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard