Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Look whos back on two ( little wheels )  (Read 486 times)

Offline Mkjones66

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Chester
Look whos back on two ( little wheels )
« on: Aug 18, 2019, 03:01 PM »

After selling my Versys early this year due to my health issues Im happy to report things have improved allowing me to ride again . I had to leave the Ambulance Service as I was physically unable to carry on , but onwards and upwards Im now driving a desk as a Civil Servant ! My new office is in Liverpool so I needed a cheap reliable commuter machine so decided on the J300 , so far Ive only done 50 miles but will be commuting 200 miles a week so I shall see how it performs. Initial impressions is very good , very comfortable and responsive , apparently its got a 200 mile range but the end of this week should prove that right or wrong ? Hope you are all keeping well

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • still lovin' it
  • Bike: F850GS - GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
Re: Look whos back on two ( little wheels )
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2019, 03:05 PM »
Hi and welcome back to the forum.

I'm glad that you have been able to return to powered two wheels, whatever the form.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline Mkjones66

• Versys Pro
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Thanks Dave

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2019, 04:24 PM »
 :185: back Mk.    Yep, once two wheels are in your blood you are done for.

You should be more than happy with the J300. I had a demo ride on one a couple of years ago and was very impressed with it. I couldn't believe how sharp it was off the mark in the traffic light grand prix. 

Enjoy.   Geoff.  :152:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2019, 04:55 PM »

Looks very promising.  Hope it works out well for you  :028: .

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Online Flying v2

• Versys Pro
  • Careful now
  • Bike: R nine t racer
  • City / Town: Hednesford
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Good news story, made my day welcome back to two wheels.
I'm going out on my bike.

Offline Mkjones66

• Versys Pro
« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2019, 07:06 PM »
Thanks guys

Online jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2019, 06:37 AM »
Honestly, these exec scooters are one of the most undervalued categories of bike as far as I'm concerned.

Having done 15k miles of London commuting in all weathers, I've lost count of the amount of times I'd have gladly had one as an option. Last week was in Norfolk and saw one stickered up with tags from as far a field as the Brenner Pass, Greece, Morocco etc. They are perfect mile munchers and will cut through traffic better than most bikes.

Glad to hear your health is improving MK and congrats for getting back on 2 wheels. :123A:

Online TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Congratulations, sir. I bought an Xmax 300 against failing heath a year ago. I still have my V1000 but now have an all round useful, impressive bike in the maxi-scoot. They're a better mousetrap for many missions, and always fun to ride. CVT is a brilliant idea that comes into its own with the power to do highway speeds. The brain is freed up for greater awareness of what's around you and what is developing ahead.

These sorts of machines have fine handling and braking and provide incredible smoothness and control, a very rewarding ride.  :028:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Online Flying v2

• Versys Pro
  • Careful now
  • Bike: R nine t racer
  • City / Town: Hednesford
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2019, 12:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by jonnster71 [+]
Honestly, these exec scooters are one of the most undervalued categories of bike as far as I'm concerned.

Having done 15k miles of London commuting in all weathers, I've lost count of the amount of times I'd have gladly had one as an option. Last week was in Norfolk and saw one stickered up with tags from as far a field as the Brenner Pass, Greece, Morocco etc. They are perfect mile munchers and will cut through traffic better than most bikes.

Glad to hear your health is improving MK and congrats for getting back on 2 wheels. :123A:
No bull 4/5 years ago I recall a professional assassin / hit man using a T MAX Yamaha on a job think that tells you all you need to know!
Was amazed Yamaha never used it in there advertising...  maxi scooter the hit man's choice
I'm going out on my bike.