Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Brains Picking Session  (Read 922 times)

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
Re: Brains Picking Session
« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2019, 04:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Start asking the question in or around Geldrop. Or ask a passing motorcyclist, there will be a battery available in close proximity of your location.   Oh, and say your prayers tonight :015:

I am nailing my money on the battery 100%.

I'm praying like I never did before now😂😂😂😂😂😂

A lot of the bike shops are closed here Monday as well so I reckon they'll organise the bike to be dropped at 1 that's open......I've googled it and have found 1 or 2 open. I'm hoping it's just the battery myself.....seems the simple fix.....just the noise I was hearing when parked up has me worried. If I manage to get on the ferry I could be posting in a day or two looking for help stranded in the UK😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Online Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 2019, 05:46 PM »
I once had a regulator rectifier go on me in spectacular fashion on an old Suzuki I had.

Took the Mrs out for a spin when...

Just riding along normally when loads of smoke started billowing out of the bike,  we stopped and before I had even got off the wife had dialed 999 for the fire service  :5:

They wern't impressed when they turned up to see the  tiny bit of remaining white smoke coming out.

To be fair she did really smoke and it was worrying for a second.

The garage explained that it was the Rectifier and changed it straight away, apparently Suzuki designed it to go in a stupid place, right at the front where it got covered in muck all the time and it just corroded away!

The moral of the story I guess is that if it was the Rectifier, considering your V just gave up suddenly, you'd know if it was the Rectifier.

Good luck and hope all turns out well!  :028:

A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2019, 07:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
I once had a regulator rectifier go on me in spectacular fashion on an old Suzuki I had.

The moral of the story I guess is that if it was the Rectifier, considering your V just gave up suddenly, you'd know if it was the Rectifier.

Good luck and hope all turns out well!  :028:

Thanks  Shandy....it's starting to turn out well....I hope😂😂

The bike was brought to the only open bikeshop in Eindhoven yesterday late afternoon. Hurkx Motorcycles & Scooters. I asked the tow truck chap was it a good place & he said it was🤞 Chap seemed nice and started looking/working on it when I got there.

He doesn't really have English and I don't have Dutch so through a bit of sign language and pointing and stuff he said (I think) the battery is totally dead.....so he had to put a new one in to check for charging. A bit later he gave me a price of 255 euro......50 labour....130 regulator.....and 75 for what I thought was the word for altenator.....tho couldve been battery.

I experienced nothing like Shandy in terms of smoking or anything like that so I dont know about the regulator.

My hands are tied anyway....I suppose in these situations you're at the mercy of whoever and to be honest if the bike is fixed 100% and gets me home  then I'm happy.

Still a tad worried about getting 60 miles out of the bike and it conking out again.

Getting there tho......I think🤦‍♂️🤞😂😂

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2019, 08:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by bobthebiker [+]

The bike was brought to the only open bikeshop in Eindhoven yesterday late afternoon. Hurkx Motorcycles & Scooters. I asked the tow truck chap was it a good place & he said it was🤞 Chap seemed nice and started looking/working on it when I got there.

He doesn't really have English and I don't have Dutch so through a bit of sign language and pointing and stuff he said (I think) the battery is totally dead.....so he had to put a new one in to check for charging. A bit later he gave me a price of 255 euro......50 labour....130 regulator.....and 75 for what I thought was the word for altenator.....tho couldve been battery.

I experienced nothing like Shandy in terms of smoking or anything like that so I dont know about the regulator.

My hands are tied anyway....I suppose in these situations you're at the mercy of whoever and to be honest if the bike is fixed 100% and gets me home  then I'm happy.

Still a tad worried about getting 60 miles out of the bike and it conking out again.

Keep the faith Bob.      :028:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Online jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2019, 09:00 AM »

If it makes you feel better, it cost me 180 for my stator alone. So if you're getting a battery, a stator and a regulator then it's bloody good value for money with the added benefit of having an entire charging system renewed.

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
« Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2019, 09:40 AM »
There were only 2 things on his list so I'm not sure if it's the battery or the stator plus the the regulator.......you're 100% Jonnster.....at 255 euro for those bits and the bike being good to go I can't complain!!!

Just nervous😂😂😂😂😂 

Trying to keep the faith Geoff😂😂👍👍

Thanks lads for all the info and help so far👍👍

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #16 on: Sep 10, 2019, 10:42 AM »
There were only 2 things on his list so I'm not sure if it's the battery or the stator plus the the regulator.......you're 100% Jonnster.....at 255 euro for those bits and the bike being good to go I can't complain!!!

Just nervous😂😂😂😂😂 

Trying to keep the faith Geoff😂😂👍👍

Thanks lads for all the info and help so far👍👍
Use Google auto translate  :7:
Point your smart phone at the foreign language and through the magic of the interweb you will see the English version on the screen  :36:
Richard    :001: 

Online Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #17 on: Sep 10, 2019, 05:18 PM »
glad you got it sorted, and fingers crossed for a good ride home  :028:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
« Reply #18 on: Sep 10, 2019, 07:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
Use Google auto translate  :7:
Point your smart phone at the foreign language and through the magic of the interweb you will see the English version on the screen  :36:

Never thought of it in the moment!!!

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
« Reply #19 on: Sep 10, 2019, 07:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
glad you got it sorted, and fingers crossed for a good ride home  :028:

So far so good🤞🤞 Relaxing on the Stena Hollandica sipping a nice cold Heineken😁😁

He replaced both the regulator and the battery. He had it done by 12 today. I reckon it's in my head (rather I hope it is) but I thinking I'm feeling a drop in power here or a funny noise there😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just did about 120 miles today and she started up fine every time so I'm hoping for a nice smooth spin through the UK tomorrow🤞🤞😊😊