Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Brains Picking Session  (Read 926 times)

Online jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: Brains Picking Session
« Reply #20 on: Sep 10, 2019, 08:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by bobthebiker [+]
He replaced both the regulator and the battery. He had it done by 12 today. I reckon it's in my head (rather I hope it is) but I thinking I'm feeling a drop in power here or a funny noise there😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just did about 120 miles today and she started up fine every time so I'm hoping for a nice smooth spin through the UK tomorrow🤞🤞😊😊
I now carry a little cheap multimeter with me on long rides, just for reassurance more than anything as I'm not a sparky so all I can do is check ground, test lives and measure voltage. Having spent several hours on the side of the road on the Isle of Man with a mate trying to work out whether his regulator was on the way out (it was, it popped the next day). Good luck matey it sounds you're sorted.
 :biker1:

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #21 on: Sep 10, 2019, 09:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by jonnster71 [+]
I now carry a little cheap multimeter with me on long rides, just for reassurance more than anything as I'm not a sparky so all I can do is check ground, test lives and measure voltage. Having spent several hours on the side of the road on the Isle of Man with a mate trying to work out whether his regulator was on the way out (it was, it popped the next day). Good luck matey it sounds you're sorted.
 :biker1:
+1

Best 11 I spent  from Amazon  :028:

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2019, 09:47 PM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001: 

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #22 on: Sep 11, 2019, 01:36 AM »

One of the early signs of a failing regulator can be overcharging. Anything much above 15 volts makes the regulator suspect, at least on my Suzuki atv.

Rob.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2019, 01:37 AM by uralrob »
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
« Reply #23 on: Sep 14, 2019, 09:49 PM »
Multimeter ordered😊👍 Be a handy thing to have going forward & I'm going to try and increase my knowledge on the whole thing a little bit.....hopefully😂😂

The bike seems to be running good and I had a great spin back through England and Wales👍👍

Thanks very much to everybody that tried to enlighten me a bit and help me out👍👍