Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Dip beam bulb spring clip  (Read 546 times)

Offline spoonsrus

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 16 V 650 GT(Mk3)
  • City / Town: Canterbury
Dip beam bulb spring clip
« on: Sep 17, 2019, 12:41 PM »
The Versys (2016 GT) went in for MOT, at weekend, and was nearly given a fail on account the dip beam bulb had blown.  The bulb was replaced so all was well in the end.

BUT!!

Rather annoyingly it was discovered that the bulb had been held in place by double-sided tape.  The spring clip was missing!!  Short of a dismantling to see what the clip should look like - assuming the main beam bulb clip is still present - and fashioning a new spring clip, any thoughts on where I may acquire a replacement clip, or suitable alternatives to holding the bulb in place - NOT TAPE - would be most welcome.

I have ordered some spring clips but, chances are, they are not going to be identical to the OE so a minor mod or two may be required.

Thanks

Mark

Offline spoonsrus

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 16 V 650 GT(Mk3)
  • City / Town: Canterbury
Re: Dip beam bulb spring clip
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2019, 04:47 PM »

So, I took the fairinig to bits to see what was afoot.  One headlight looked okay - second image - and the other headlight had no spring clip, no screws, no nothing so I fashioned a spring clip and retaining clip - first image -  from bits I had and used a couple of self tapping screws.

All seems in order.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2019, 04:51 PM by spoonsrus »

Offline Maverick

• Versys God
  • Bike: Not enough space
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2019, 09:39 PM »
Well done for sorting it  :152:

Offline geoffyb

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys1000GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2020, 03:35 PM »
Bulb clips can be had from Amazon. I fitted Beamtech LED bulbs to my 2017 1000GT, and managed to modify the original clips to fit, but Beamtech recommend adaptors at about 8 a pair.