Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Fat git settings 2017 GT  (Read 333 times)

Offline Turtleman

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 650
  • City / Town: West Mids
Fat git settings 2017 GT
« on: Sep 26, 2019, 11:04 PM »
 :012:

Ok, so Iím not a fat git really (if Gerard Butler is a rippling muscle cake as the Daily Mail would have you believe).

But, Iím in my later 40ís and weigh 100kg (16 stone ish) and have scientifically moved my weight distribution lower in my torso for a lower centre of gravity (better handling yo!).   :37:

Iíve searched the searchy thing and trawled through lots of stuff, but when we are dealing with Mk.1- Mk.3 bikes, swapped out shocks, etc etc. I thought it would be easier to ask my question directly.

Having sorted the grinding noise out (loose chain) on over run, and my health now allowing me to ride after a tricky few years, Iím out every day  :biker1:

Everything is standard as we speak on the forks, but Iíve jacked the back up from 10 clicks to 17 clicks today and it feels sharper.

What Iíd like to know is ...

Any 16 stone (100kg) solo riders have any Holy Grail suspension settings for fast road work and maximum grip? (stuff comfort)  :008:

Iím running a 2017 GT with the Top Box only fitted.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2019, 11:05 PM by Turtleman »

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
Re: Fat git settings 2017 GT
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2019, 05:14 PM »
The magic settings can be found here:

https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,2206.0.html

:whistle:

For best results, make sure you do that with your gear and typical weight in the top box.

Gustavo

Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton