Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: well that worked out as a cheap Versys.  (Read 491 times)

Online Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys tourer
  • City / Town: London
well that worked out as a cheap Versys.
« on: Oct 02, 2019, 10:40 PM »
the bike got written off, so got £2750 for it, working the numbers with "buy back" I should end up with the bike repaired and back on the road for a little over £1200; that's £1500 for it being a cat N and as I'll ride it until it's dead.  Not bad as I'd not be able to find one for that kind of money.

I've still got the wedge from "pain & suffering" and damaged kit to come, but bike wise I'm content, I paid £2400; seven years and 26,000 miles ago, so definitely getting my monies worth out of it.

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
Re: well that worked out as a cheap Versys.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2019, 09:10 AM »
Yep, deal of the century, and a complete no brain-er.

You should have 'free' biking for a couple of years, with the insurance payout, then very cheap biking for a few years after that.

However, your theory of running the bike until it is dead, won't happen. Simply because the bike won't die. I would think that you are more likely to croak  :127:    :whistle: before the bike does.

In which case the bike will continue under the ownership of  A. Your good lady.  B. Your Grandkids, or C. Me (Hint).  :whistle: :015:

So yes, a great bit of business, and well done.

All that remains, is for you to get yourself fit again, then away you go.  Job done.  :152:

« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2019, 09:14 AM by 100milesaway »
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2019, 09:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rictus [+]
the bike got written off, so got £2750 for it, working the numbers with "buy back" I should end up with the bike repaired and back on the road for a little over £1200; that's £1500 for it being a cat N and as I'll ride it until it's dead.  Not bad as I'd not be able to find one for that kind of money.

I've still got the wedge from "pain & suffering" and damaged kit to come, but bike wise I'm content, I paid £2400; seven years and 26,000 miles ago, so definitely getting my monies worth out of it.
Glad to hear it Rictus, hope the compo goes some way to helping you pay for fuel for another 26k miles (or more?).

:scooter: :002: :001: :2: :008:

Online Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys tourer
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2019, 09:45 AM »
Cheers Guys, got bits and pieces arriving daily at the moment, but as has been said I'm the slowest factor in the rebuild at present, getting there at my own pace, a little everytime I'm up to it.

Just as a side issue although I've two new grey top fairing panels ordered: I'm thinking about repairing the old ones and hydro dipping them, anyone had that done? there's a company fairly local that do it, so might get something done along those lines, any suggestions ?

Offline sullspots

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000,NC750X
  • City / Town: Liverpool UK
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2019, 08:55 PM »
Bonus with the bike  :123A:   :biker1:  good luck for your recovery. :028: :028:

Offline Craigasaki

• Versys Master
  • Topbox and Heated-Grips allergy
  • Bike: Versys 650 DAF
  • City / Town: Cean Romhar
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2019, 10:18 PM »
Nice result  :152:
More tea, no biscuits