Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New helmet recommendations  (Read 788 times)

GeorgefromGreece and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
Re: New helmet recommendations
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2019, 07:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rictus [+]
Oh I'm sure the Neotec will fit, I tried a Neotec 2 yesterday in my size (they are the same shell shape), but finding a good deal on the original ones is getting harder, basically find the deal in the right size and take whatever colour or design it maybe.

(although having said that, I'm reluctant to go gloss white as over the passed few years I've gone from Camo kit to plain black Alpinestar tourtech with a Hi-viz vest, and don't want to look like a copper.... :33:).
Mark,  you may find that wearing a white helmet, and looking like a copper, may just stop dozy sods in cars from crashing into you. :027:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2019, 12:44 AM »
Oh I'm sure the Neotec will fit, I tried a Neotec 2 yesterday in my size (they are the same shell shape), but finding a good deal on the original ones is getting harder, basically find the deal in the right size and take whatever colour or design it maybe.

(although having said that, I'm reluctant to go gloss white as over the passed few years I've gone from Camo kit to plain black Alpinestar tourtech with a Hi-viz vest, and don't want to look like a copper.... :33:).

Did you check out the link I posted to SBS?

They only have a few left, matt black though which sounds right from what you said above.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/1222
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Online Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys tourer
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #12 on: Oct 07, 2019, 12:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
Did you check out the link I posted to SBS?

They only have a few left, matt black though which sounds right from what you said above.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/1222

I did indeed thanks, but have found a few below that, but as you say not in matt black, I've a friend in the trade who's going to check his contacts and let me know what he can find, but have found a silver one at £299, so that looks probable .

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #13 on: Oct 07, 2019, 03:26 AM »
wow! £299, that's really good   :028:

You can't beat knowing someone 'in the trade', that's  :37:

Good luck and glad you're on the mend  :002:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Davo

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: CB500F Versys650
  • City / Town: Derby

Online Rictus

• Versys Pro
« Reply #15 on: Oct 07, 2019, 12:59 PM »
well the deed is done, spoke to a nice dutch man from Louis-moto (a contact of a contact) to confirm it was brand new uk spec and the build date (2017).

So I've got a Anthracite/metallic grey (sliver) Shoei Neotec winging it's way to me for 300 euro including shipping, well happy with that. :38:

Thanks for the all the help guys.
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2019, 12:59 PM by Rictus »

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2019, 05:54 PM »
well the deed is done, spoke to a nice dutch man from Louis-moto (a contact of a contact) to confirm it was brand new uk spec and the build date (2017).

So I've got a Anthracite/metallic grey (sliver) Shoei Neotec winging it's way to me for 300 euro including shipping, well happy with that. :38:

Thanks for the all the help guys.

:37:

Great deal, well done!

let us know what you think of it

Online Rictus

• Versys Pro
« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2019, 09:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
:37:

Great deal, well done!

let us know what you think of it

Cheers, will do should be here early next week, nearly got the bike back to roadworthy, so just me now.

Online Rictus

• Versys Pro
« Reply #18 on: Oct 13, 2019, 03:52 PM »
It arrived just before 6 pm yesterday via courier, well packed and sooner than expected.

I'm so please that I got an anthracite one, although I'd have been content with a gloss white one at £299 (I couldn't find a design one for decent money £355 was the cheapest I could find), checked the exchange rate and my one comes out as £267.51, I was a little surprised at the weight; I knew it was 1550g; but it doesn't feel it, build quality is what you would expect from Shoei in their £500+ range, fit is superb and everything works as expected, I like the steel chin bar locking mechanism; very secure but easy to operate one handed, the cutouts for glasses works well and unlike some the internal sun visor is well clear of glasses when down, it has inbuilt spaces for speaker placement should you need it, and of course all the lining comes out which is nice come cleaning time.

I've yet to go for a ride, but it all looks and feels good, I'm well happy with it and at basically half price it leave me a couple of hundred £'s to play with... :37:

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2019, 03:54 PM by Rictus »

Online Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2019, 04:17 PM »
That looks a quality piece of kit at a bargain price but where is the photo of it flipped up  :027: You missed the chance to show us it's best feature  :192:
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700