Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New member - London  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
Re: New member - London
« Reply #20 on: Oct 22, 2019, 01:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by ButterBean [+]
It might be a while before I'm back on the orad as well. 2 weeks into owning the bike someone knocked it over in a carpark and I just received a text from my insurance company saying its likely to be a write off !

:172: That sucks, bad luck dude.

what year and model is it? Rictus might be right, consider a buy back and pay out, you might be better off.

It just depends if you're planning on keeping the bike for a long time or not? If you change bikes often then might not be worth it as the write off will render the bike almost worthless to anyone other than you.

let's hope damage isn't as bad as first thought and she's able to be repaired. Fingers crossed!

Godd luck mate
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline ButterBean

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2009 Versys 650
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #21 on: Oct 26, 2019, 09:30 AM »
It's 2009 mk1. I'll probably go for the buy back once I know how much they will offer as it's mainly cosmetic and I bought it as work horse rather than a show pony.

Offline ButterBean

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2009 Versys 650
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #22 on: Oct 26, 2019, 09:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rictus [+]
Do what I've done, my 2009 mk1 was written off Cat N, I got 2750; with a buy back of 750.

As I paid 2,400  just over 6 years ago, I spent a little over 400 repairing it (to be fair most of that was both OEM main panels, I could have save a lot if I'd gone for repair & respray), that means I've had the past 26,000 miles for the 400 repair bill and a free bike.

Hope it all works out for you.

Cheers Mark.

Cheers Mark, good advice, I'll probably try this option

Online Zipperhead

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: LONDON
« Reply #23 on: Oct 26, 2019, 12:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by ButterBean [+]
I can;t tell you how gutted I am - was loving being on the Versys - especially compared to my other bike (moto Guzzi Breva 750).

Out of interest, what don't you like about the Breva? MY brother has one, so it's good to have ammunition to tease him  :2:

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #24 on: Oct 26, 2019, 12:59 PM »

:2: :2: :2:

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.