Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New member  (Read 500 times)

Offline penry

• Versys Member
  • Campsite Clouseau
  • Bike: Versys 650 SE
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Re: New member
« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2019, 03:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by phil234 [+]
Hi Penry, I've been on UKGSer in the past, I've had 5 BMWs over the years, - R100RT, R1100S, R1100RT and two R1200GSAs, one an 08 plate and the current one a 65 plate (still pains me to think about how much that cost). I have a 08 plate Fireblade, it's the last version with no ABS or traction control and the power is ridiculous (and addictive). I'm a bit lazy with social media and look at facebook about every 6 months.
Let me know if there's any meets as I'd be happy to come along, I was chatting to some guys at a BMW meetup in Glenshee, I was on my Fireblade but they talked to me when I told them I had a BM too,
Versys is a good bike, I kind of think I have really good bikes in each of their categories and if I could get my Versys working I'd do plenty more miles on it. I even like my 2010 version, the front end has more standard lights at the front now, I liked the original design as it made it stand out.
Cheers
Phil

Once every 6 months is too often. Not a big fan. Had a page for business reasons but as I don't need it anymore its history. Its complicated to use and I'm not prepared to jump through enough hoops to filter out all the dro....  stuff I don't want.
A bit like Garmin sat navs' - something costing best part of a grand shouldn't require a 2 week instruction course to plot the route you want to follow.
My last GS was stolen off the drive about a month back, hence the Versys. New ones are not cheap. I still use the forum as its good for a laugh and one or two notable members have 'downsized' and not just to a smaller BM. I found the Tiger 800 XCA very much to my liking and have one of those for rideouts or touring. I'll keep an eye out for anything interesting and give you a shout. Won't be this year though.
No solution is insurmountable...

Offline penry

• Versys Member
  • Campsite Clouseau
  • Bike: Versys 650 SE
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2019, 03:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wal [+]

are you the Penry on the Tiger 800 site....i have 2018 XR

Hi Wal, and yes.
Northumberland is great biking country, rode round there a lot when living in Kelso.
Shame about Hartside, have they rebuilt it yet ?
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2019, 03:52 PM by penry »
No solution is insurmountable...

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2019, 04:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by penry [+]
Hi Wal, and yes.
Northumberland is great biking country, rode round there a lot when living in Kelso.
Shame about Hartside, have they rebuilt it yet ?
No Hartside hasn't been rebuilt yet. But, someone has submitted some very fancy plans to rebuild it.
What would you rather be, or a wasp?