Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Worn in or worn out?  (Read 802 times)

Offline Galwayversys

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Few...
  • City / Town: Galway - Ireland
Re: Worn in or worn out?
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2019, 11:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Siberman [+]
12,000 miles . Admittedly quite a few of those were through sandy spring water so I suppose it has accelerated the wear somewhat. Hopefully it will last for another 150ish  miles till I can get it done. I mean, what could go wrong?

It's goosed, but truth be told, I'd probably go another careful 150 miles if that were me.
I do a lot of dumb sh#t, though.

Offline penry

• Versys Member
  • Campsite Clouseau
  • Bike: Versys 650 SE
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2019, 01:39 AM »
Looks like its about ready for taking off and reversing, in about 6k miles the teeth will be straight again and ready to do another 12.... :whistle:
No solution is insurmountable...

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #12 on: Oct 27, 2019, 10:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by jonnster71 [+]
When you can use your sprocket to pick your teeth you either need a new sprocket or a better dentist.

:4: :008: :4: :008: :124:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Siberman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650
« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2019, 03:40 PM »
Made it to 12,500 miles, new sprocket and chain fitted ready for the winter grind.

I'm sorry, really bad reception here, you said your name was Dr. who?

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2019, 09:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Siberman [+]
Made it to 12,500 miles, new sprocket and chain fitted ready for the winter grind.

and this is what it should look like  :7:

Richard    :001: 

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #15 on: Nov 15, 2019, 06:36 PM »
ya know for the cost of it is it really worth pushing it that far, I am very far from risk adverse in general but what did you save by running it that far, you didn't save the cost of the sproket as you have to buy one, you saved the sum of reasonble wear to ridiculous wear so pence per mile probably less that a penny per mile. That my friend, if it had let go,at best  wrecks your engine casings  and at worst sent you flying down the road.

MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline Siberman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650
« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2019, 11:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Clunkyboy [+]
ya know for the cost of it is it really worth pushing it that far, I am very far from risk adverse in general but what did you save by running it that far, you didn't save the cost of the sproket as you have to buy one, you saved the sum of reasonble wear to ridiculous wear so pence per mile probably less that a penny per mile. That my friend, if it had let go,at best  wrecks your engine casings  and at worst sent you flying down the road.
Yes, youíre right of course. I wonít let it get this bad again, I just didnít realise/notice how worn it was. I was lucky.
I'm sorry, really bad reception here, you said your name was Dr. who?