Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: How do I change the clock?  (Read 286 times)

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
How do I change the clock?
« on: Oct 27, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Hi all,

it's that time again (pun intended   :001: ) when we all need to start adjusting the time on our clocks.

The time was set by the mechanic during first service and it's always been 4mins out! This has been extremely frustrating but I've put up with it. Now the clocks have changed back to standard GMT again, I need to change the time display before it drives me crazy.

I've tried all sorts of different button combinations, both with the engine off and on but cant seem to be able to get anything to change.

Can anyone explain the process in simple terms for me please.

Many thanks
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys /16 GT
  • City / Town: London
Re: How do I change the clock?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2019, 10:40 AM »
I don't know if it's the same (probably not) as the Mk1, but for anyone else who needs it.

Select via the "Mode switch" the clock.
press the "Reset button" and the didgets will flash
Press the "Mode switch" and the hours will flash
either hold in or press the reset button to select the correct hour.
Press the Mode switch to make the minutes flash.
like the hours, either hold down the reset button or tap threw the minutes until correct.
press the the mode switch a further time to make the whole clock flash, then the reset to stop it flashing ; and you're done, just select whichever desplay you want to show in the normal way.

Hope that helps someone.

Cheers Mark.
Mark.

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2019, 12:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rictus [+]
I don't know if it's the same (probably not) as the Mk1, but for anyone else who needs it.

Select via the "Mode switch" the clock.
press the "Reset button" and the didgets will flash
Press the "Mode switch" and the hours will flash
either hold in or press the reset button to select the correct hour.
Press the Mode switch to make the minutes flash.
like the hours, either hold down the reset button or tap threw the minutes until correct.
press the the mode switch a further time to make the whole clock flash, then the reset to stop it flashing ; and you're done, just select whichever desplay you want to show in the normal way.

Hope that helps someone.

Cheers Mark.

Thanks Mark, unfortunately the setup seems completely different on the Mk3 and no it does not work.

Had a service done recently, and thought they would of set it for me then. I forgot to ask them, and didn't realize until I was half way home   :157:

Anyway, you now have a Mk3 too Mark if I'm not mistaken, have you worked it out by any chance?  :120:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Online Zipperhead

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: LONDON
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2019, 01:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
Thanks Mark, unfortunately the setup seems completely different on the Mk3 and no it does not work.

Had a service done recently, and thought they would of set it for me then. I forgot to ask them, and didn't realize until I was half way home   :157:

Anyway, you now have a Mk3 too Mark if I'm not mistaken, have you worked it out by any chance?  :120:

It's on pages 53 & 54 of the Owner's Manual, which rumour has it is to be found hereabouts in electronic form (and very useful it is too) . I know that the information there is correct because I've used it myself.

Although it's so much bloody button pushing that these days I don't normally bother.

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2019, 03:14 PM »
 :37:

Thanks, although that sounds ominus....

Do you have a link to the electronic version, and is it for the Mk3?

:120:

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2019, 04:24 PM »
Nevermind, found it  :152:

that's a Great help, thanks Zipper & Towerman

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zvEIrBIjjjGqe-BeMyvILQHveggRkmHC