Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: time for personal tailoring  (Read 2243 times)

Online Wal

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Re: time for personal tailoring
« Reply #30 on: Nov 11, 2019, 04:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]
I have two pairs.  The original one is going on 10 years now.  I don't commute, so they don't get daily use as you would, but they have been through multiple long winter trips where it was raining day after day and they have always waterproof.  The new model even has a handy squeegee  to help wipe your visor.

You can buy a wiring harness just for the gloves, but as I mentioned, I'd get a heated jacket liner too, especially if you commute in that kind of weather.  Then you hookup the jacket to the bike and the gloves to the jacket liner sleeves.  It may seem like a bit of a faff as Wall would say, but totally worth it.  And, once you got it down, it doesn't take an extra minute to be ready.

Gustavo

ive just treated myself to Gerbing jacket and gloves.......yes, they are a faff, but worth it if riding all day in less than 5 degs....which a lot of my Europe trips are

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys /16 GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #31 on: Nov 12, 2019, 09:49 AM »
Installed the heated grips this morning, but halfway threw I binned it, if you really want to know ask your gran how to suck eggs, mind you I will say it's nice of Mr Kawasaki to build in a feed specifically for heated grips.
Mark.

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
« Reply #32 on: Nov 14, 2019, 11:48 AM »
Done 200 miles yesterday, took my screwdrivers with me, after much adjustment, got the suspension to where I like it, no more diving into a ditch everytime you touch the brakes, alot stiffer now and more like my old setup, although you can feel the extra weight of the Mk3 it's still smoother than the Mk1, thrashed the engine a bit (low geared/high revs) and it worked to a degree, engine now revs much more freely than before, but a bit more to go on that front, the Givi screen does a wonderful job even above 100 mph (allegedly Officer... :016:), I'll have to go around all the locks with my graphite powder as they are all a bit stiff still, heated grips kept hands nice and toasty so that's sorted, Big foot/GPS bracket and an additional 12v socket on the agenda for today.
Mark.

Offline Dilbert

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
« Reply #33 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:34 PM »
Might be an idea to rotate your horn anti-clockwise a little, it's quite low down, if it fills with water then it needs to drain it all out, I've had a couple of snail shell horns go kaput because of this  :028:
Just passin' through

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
« Reply #34 on: Nov 15, 2019, 09:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Might be an idea to rotate your horn anti-clockwise a little, it's quite low down, if it fills with water then it needs to drain it all out, I've had a couple of snail shell horns go kaput because of this  :028:

I'll look at it later, but it was raining most of Wednesdays ride and doesn't appears to be a problem.
Mark.

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
« Reply #35 on: Nov 19, 2019, 03:07 PM »
It;s getting a bit cold for work outside, but before I put it away, I broke up the solid block of white with a hint of green, just personal preference, got to leave it a day or two then good wash and ACF50, wrap it, and say bye for now.

I'll have to leave the crash protection/ cameras and center stand until it gets warmer again .

Mark.

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #36 on: Nov 19, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Great stuff, you've really got stuck in there, a lot of important stuff ticked off there, good going!

I like the green detailing, very nicely done!

Hope you're back to full strength soon!

Also, going back to the first aid stuff. Google 'Biker Down' it's a free first aid workshop run by your local fire service.
It was started in Kent but I think most fire services have adopted the program now. It's an afternoon or evening class with some really good practical skills taught, and it's aimed towards bikers!
You get a certificate and more importantly a small first aid kit, also free! It's vacuum packed and designed specifically to fit under your seat!

I did one last year in Rochester, Kent and fully recommend it to anyone. The first aid kit has remained under my seat ever since!
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Online Zipperhead

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: LONDON
« Reply #37 on: Nov 19, 2019, 07:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]

Also, going back to the first aid stuff. Google 'Biker Down' it's a free first aid workshop run by your local fire service.
It was started in Kent but I think most fire services have adopted the program now. It's an afternoon or evening class with some really good practical skills taught, and it's aimed towards bikers!

I'll second that. I did it a few weeks ago and learnt a lot from it.  My worry was being able to remember the important stuff what it all gets exciting, but in the kit is a double sided laminated card with a good set of instructions/flow chart on it.

I hope I never need to use it, but if I do then hopefully I'll be able to make a positive difference.