Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New member  (Read 317 times)

Offline andreipex

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2010 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Bucuresti
« on: Nov 11, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Hello guys and gals,

Happy to meet you all :)

My name is Andrei, I`m from Bucharest Romania and i do own a Mk1 Versys 1year now
Just to summ up my rideing experience i've started with an 2005 Aprilia Pegaso 650 and almost gave up on motorbikes due to excesive brake downs with the Italian Stalion :)
After all the bad experience with the PEG i've switched to a F650GS for 1year, great bike.  Fed up with the vibrations form the rotax engine really quickly  ... Now i proudly own and Versys MK1 with 22K Km on the clock, 10k km just this season done :) 
To be honest sometimes i miss the F650 offroad capabilities but for 2020 season i m planning to get some Pirelli Rally SRT tires, crash bar, sw engine guard and have some fun in the dirt with it.

Nice day,
Andrei

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2019, 03:11 PM »
 :185: from the Great North East of England.  :028:

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2019, 03:42 PM »
 :185:  to the forum Andrei.

I'm sure that you will enjoy the little Versys, They are a lot of bike for not a lot of money.

This forum is the place to be if you require any help or assistance.  Anything at all that you need , just ask.

Cheers    :031:  Geoff  :002:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys /16 GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2019, 04:36 PM »
 :185:

Hi Andrei, I also had a 2005 Peg as well as a later Mk3, I don't remember it requiring much more than basic maintenance and the later one was powered by a Yamaha 660 lump so no problem there either, but I suppose anyone can get a lemon, you've no worries with the Versys, my Mk1 has covered 34,000 miles trouble free (apart from cars hitting it that is), it's not really an "off road" more a dirt road bike if you like (but then the Pegaso wasn't either), but it'll give most things a good go and come out smiling .

Cheers Mark.
Mark.

Offline jim ballantyne

• Versys God
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2019, 09:04 AM »
Hi Andrie
Welcome from a southerner I also had a Pegaso a few years ago no problems with it but I didn't like the small tank and I didn't find it that comfortable. I've had a few bikes in my time and the versys is my favourite
Jim