Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: EML reset  (Read 395 times)

Offline robinh

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2017 650kle
  • City / Town: London
EML reset
« on: Nov 12, 2019, 08:38 PM »
Evening All,  It's probably been submitted before but I'll start a new thread. I recently fitted a new exhaust system, an ixil hyperflow, love it!  :2:  Anyway, after fitting it I forgot to reconnect the O2 sensor before starting. So now the eml is on and the codes are showing 33 and 67. These are both O2 sensor codes. I have also now fitted an O2 eliminator. I am happy that there are now no faults but need to reset the eml without a visit to the garage. Has anyone got a tried and tested method of doing this? The bike is a 2017 650.  Cheers in advance guys  :37:

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
Re: EML reset
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Service Code Clearing Procedures
Enter the self-diagnosis dealer mode 2 (see Self
-diagnosis Procedures).
NOTE
○Make sure to keep the grounding until the following
opening and grounding starts.
Pull the clutch lever in more than 5 seconds, and then
release it.
Repeat opening and grounding [A] the lead
(self-diagnosis terminal) more than five times [F] within 2
seconds [C] after the lead is grounded, and then keep it
grounded continuously [D] for more than 2 seconds.
Auxiliary Lead [E]
Self-diagnosis Terminal [G

Probably better to read the manual as this wass for a Mk2  , it should be available  at TMs secret location

MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2019, 07:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Clunkyboy [+]
Probably better to read the manual as this was for a Mk2  , it should be available  at TMs secret location
The Mk 3 service code resetting procedure can be found on pages 3-36 FUEL SYSTEM (DFI) onwards of the Mk3 Service Manual which is NOT available on this link HERE :211:
Richard    :001: 

Offline robinh

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2017 650kle
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:46 PM »
Evening all. Thanks for the replies. I have managed to do it!  So to let you all know this is how it works: start the bike and let it idle for more than 30 seconds. Then off ya pop for a ride. More than 5 minutes above 16mph and a total of more than 10 minutes riding. Then turn it off and do it twice more. It works, eml reset!!