Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Going in mufti  (Read 882 times)

Offline STOKIE

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2009 versys 650
  • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
Re: Going in mufti
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2019, 01:56 PM »
Bloody hell are they adjustable like formula one front wings to stop the front end lift. LOL 😂

Offline Siberman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2019, 06:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by STOKIE [+]
Bloody hell are they adjustable like formula one front wings to stop the front end lift. LOL 😂
Cheeky!
Maybe some tasteful string tied to the mirrors to provide a bit of support? Green string of course.
I'm sorry, really bad reception here, you said your name was Dr. who?

Offline STOKIE

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2009 versys 650
  • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2019, 09:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by kevin..in [+]
I used them for years when I was daft enough to ride in the winter, coupled with heated grips/gloves or a heated under jacket they are great. Take some skill to take your hand off the bar then get it back into the muff. Not for everyone but deflecting icy wind away from your hands is the best way to avoid frozen fingers.
As for keeping warm I found keeping your kidney area warm worked better than heated grips, so some form of heat around your lower back is king
Kevin you're so right,having your kidneys warm with some lovely Fava beans and a nice chianti fffffffffff. what do you think Clarissa.

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Muffs work!

The Oxford one's are good, just make sure they are well fitted. Putting them over some handguards gives them some extra rigidity which is essential at anything other than town paced riding. You might find they start to lift or dip on the motorway, one will inevitably go up and the other down. This is what eventually led me to get rid of mine, they became a distraction on the motorway.
They work really well around town though and anything up to 50mph, or maybe mine just needed better fitting, they weren't on my V btw.
They are best used in combination with some heated grips.
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>