Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: exhaust mod  (Read 4499 times)

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: Bike bereft
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
Re: exhaust mod
« Reply #40 on: Nov 29, 2019, 09:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by THE RAT [+]
:notsure: so your  saying you have a loud exhaust  then stewie  I cant say I've heard it :138: must be because your always  at the back   :125: for well at least the first 3 minutes  :biker1:

I think Dave might have mentioned it in passing during one NVM.

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: Bike bereft
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #41 on: Nov 29, 2019, 09:06 PM »
And we are up to 5 pages although the original protagonists seem to be pussies and have dropped out of the argument.
Where is the fun in that I ask.

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #42 on: Dec 03, 2019, 11:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by Oldplodder [+]
Richard,

Please don't be under any comprehension that you will have time to pursue any of your ideas once you retire -  It is only a change of employer from a paying employer to a non-paying family (employer) whose ambition will be to ensure that you do not get bored with the lack of paid employment.
You will find that you will have even less time to follow your own interests. You can get confirmation of this truth from any forum members who have retired and have a family around them!

Dave T

LOL My dad has recently retired and as his eldest child, I take my role very seriously and keep him very busy indeed  :2:

I have a long list of DIY problems and childcare needs that keep him reasonably well 'employed'.

But I must say that the record holder is my mum who, not yet retired herself, is determined to make sure that he does not have a single day or even moment off from his chores!!  :192:

After all, it's for his own good! We are keeping him sane...he rides a BMW after all!!!  :019:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #43 on: Dec 03, 2019, 11:35 AM »
In addition, I'm not a fan of loud exhausts!

A new end can can improve the soundtrack and provide that slight warm fuzzy feeling inside the rider, for that reason I like them, but otherwise there is no point!!

Lived in London all my life, although I am now on the border with the counties.

I also work for the Ambulance service, although no extra riding qualifications (currently doing my RoSPA) I can confirm loud exhausts do not get you noticed, not above the ambient sound of the city or even suburbs. you're only noticeable when you go to the level of offensively loud and WAY beyond legal! of which there is no need for and your more likely getting noticed for the wrong reasons. Especially as previously mentioned, most of the noise comes from the BACK and therefore cannot alert those in front of you!

Emergency vehicles have FORWARD facing sirens for a reason!!  :138: And the SEG whistle's work really well because they are a little more than just your standard tin rubbish and because thy are so different!!

Sirens don't even have the desired affect sometimes and that just shows how even they are becoming part of the white noise in larger cities.

theirs enough arrogant fools out there (4 & 2 wheels) with loud exhausts that the idea of them adding safety is immediately removed and replaced with the thought of  :125: by most!

By all means add a little extra fruitiness to your exhaust note, most are strangled by such heavy Euro restrictions these days that you'll probably actually improve your ride somewhat, but don't start removing baffles or adding deliberately offensively loud end cans unless you really are a  :125: or if you do, then own it! Don't hide behind the ridiculous idea of safety...try telling that to a copper  :whistle:

:11: Sorry for the rant, over now!  :008:

*Originally Posted by Stewie [+]
And we are up to 5 pages although the original protagonists seem to be pussies and have dropped out of the argument.
Where is the fun in that I ask.

That should take us to 6 at least!  :008: :4: :008:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys /16 GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2019, 10:38 PM »
Apologies a unexpected family bereavement necessitated my absence for a while , once over a bit of jet lag, I'll dig up a bit more kindling.... :016:
Mark.

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #45 on: Dec 06, 2019, 03:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rictus [+]
Apologies a unexpected family bereavement necessitated my absence for a while , once over a bit of jet lag, I'll dig up a bit more kindling.... :016:

My deepest Condolences Rick, hope you're ok and glad to have you back.