Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Mk3 GT spot lights  (Read 223 times)

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
Mk3 GT spot lights
« on: Dec 03, 2019, 11:45 AM »
Hi all,

Just wondering if my spot light controller has been fitted correctly by the dealer.

I have a 2019 Mk3 GT which came with the spot lights as standard.

I haven't used them except for checking them, until now.

The button has been installed on the right hand side, next to the mirror. I didn't think much of it until I had to turn them on when on the move!

The button is stiff and just out of reach of my thumb, meaning I have to take my hand off the throttle or let go with my left hand and reach across, both seem daft!

Where is the button installed on anyone else's bike and is this standard?

I think it might be because I have the heated grips controller installed on the other side but I think both could go there with a little imagination.

I just wanted to check before I consider moving it.

Thanks  :028:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline Marco58

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Suffolk
Re: Mk3 GT spot lights
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2019, 08:53 PM »
Mine is the same. GT model so fitted as standard and just out of reach but I hardly ever use them so reaching across with the left hand or pulling the clutch in and using the right hand for the switch seems to work.

Online Graeme

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versus 650 2018
  • City / Town: Chipping Sodbury
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2019, 07:55 AM »
Ditto re position of the switch. There have been discussions here before about when to use them... I tend to have them on all the time through the Winter months and when riding at night, to make me as visible as possible to other road users and give me a slightly better view forward on unlit roads. They are either on or off for the duration of the trip so no real need for switching on the move.
Graeme

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2019, 02:57 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll leave them be then!
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>