Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New member  (Read 406 times)

Offline DarrenG

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 2017
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
« on: Dec 09, 2019, 03:04 PM »
 Hello everyone
New owner of a 2017 burn,t orange 650 having downsized from a versys one 1000 . Not due to pick the new bike up until Thursday this week so early Christmas present to myself .
Been riding bikes now for 42 years and have owned and ridden a lot of different bikes in my time . I still have my blast from the past 1983 z650 which I have had to strip the top end due to a dropped valve . Gasket set new valves and buckets turned up today and head came back from being welded .unfortunately it cracked the camshaft casing but all good now with an almost invisible weld .
Am now a disabled rider as I became an amputee in sept 2016 . Had a big off in 1982 , hospital for three months and 30 odd years of constant pain and 12 lots of surgery . All good now just missing a bit ,great way to lose weight but I wouldn’t, recommend it  ha ha ! Really looking forward to getting the new bike hopefully talk more soon
Darren

Offline Zipperhead

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: LONDON
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2019, 03:28 PM »
Hi Darren, welcome.

I go up to Cheltenham occasionally to visit my brother, he lives at the bottom of Harp Hill. He's got a M**** G**** though.

Sorry to hear about the missing bit and the pain.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum Darren.  I'm sure that you will enjoy the bike,  once you get used to the fact that you only have two cylinders to play with you will be fine.

I have also arrived here after 2 Versys thousands.  Health issues, and advancing years forcing the change.  The superb 4 cylinder engine of the bigger bike is the only thing that I really miss.

The little Versys is a great bike,  and I'm certain that you will enjoy it.

Cheers Geoff  :002:

What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline jim ballantyne

• Versys God
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2019, 08:59 AM »
Welcome Darren really impressed with your enthusiasm for biking after what you've been through enjoy
Jim

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2019, 10:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by jim ballantyne [+]
Welcome Darren really impressed with your enthusiasm for biking after what you've been through enjoy
Jim
+1 ….. Welcome from the great North East of England.  :028: 
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2019, 10:27 AM by whiskydave »