Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Trusty V an Insurance Write-off for a New Mudguard and Front Fairing?  (Read 2046 times)

Offline mop1960

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2106 ABS
  • City / Town: London
Quick update; Hastings Direct finally responded to my email and have agreed to send an independent Insurance Assessor, who has been in touch. They say that Copart will "remain on hold" while they await the outcome of the inspection.  Progress  :028:.

Offline mac one

• Versys God
Well done ,hope it turns out as it should.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
*Originally Posted by mop1960 [+]
Quick update; Hastings Direct finally responded to my email and have agreed to send an independent Insurance Assessor, who has been in touch. They say that Copart will "remain on hold" while they await the outcome of the inspection.  Progress  :028:.
I should bloody well think so too.
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline mop1960

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2106 ABS
  • City / Town: London
Final update on this. thread. I am very chuffed to report that my trusty V has been fully repaired and it didn't cost me a penny.  I even got  new front tyre out of it, which is good as the old one was near the limit.   :152:

The Assessor from AIA was excellent and authorised repairs instead of salvage and Hastings Direct finally did the right thing and paid up.

Thanks guys for your encouragement and support.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2020, 10:06 PM by mop1960 »

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
Great result that Mop.

Moral of your story is,  don't let insurance companies bully you into doing something that is obviously nonsense.

I'm really pleased for you.     :002:  Geoff.

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS

Good news for sure   :028:.

Hope you get some riding weather sooner rather than later.

Rob.

Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline bgp

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black 07 Versys
  • City / Town: Zagreb
Good for you mop.

Again, perfect example how useful this forum is.
Bikes: Original 2007 Versys and 2003 ZRX1200S

Offline Dilbert

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
Copart collected my Tiger Sport and scrapped it, but that was very definitely broken  :whistle:

They were reasonable to deal with, but I doubt if anything goes there it then goes back to the owner.

Hastings will just assume that your bike's forks, headstock and frame will have suffered damage, they will not want the risk of repair and re-insurance, it's a gamble on their part and the easy way out for them is to charge it on to bozo's insurer and wash their hands of it, your premium will go up at next renewal, even if you have protected NCD, but not by as much as a repair, rather than a write-off.

It's all a con to reduce the insurer's liability and make easy money for the scrappers.

Well done getting it properly assessed and repaired with a new tyre to boot, again they will assume the tyre has had some damage which could then cause it to fail in some way later  :028:
Just passin' through

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Copart collected my Tiger Sport and scrapped it, but that was very definitely broken  :whistle:

They were reasonable to deal with, but I doubt if anything goes there it then goes back to the owner.

Hastings will just assume that your bike's forks, headstock and frame will have suffered damage, they will not want the risk of repair and re-insurance, it's a gamble on their part and the easy way out for them is to charge it on to bozo's insurer and wash their hands of it, your premium will go up at next renewal, even if you have protected NCD, but not by as much as a repair, rather than a write-off.

It's all a con to reduce the insurer's liability and make easy money for the scrappers.

Well done getting it properly assessed and repaired with a new tyre to boot, again they will assume the tyre has had some damage which could then cause it to fail in some way later  :028:
Don't understand how Mops insurance will go up, when he has made a none fault claim.  :lostit: :006:

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
It will  :125:

MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2