Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Trusty V an Insurance Write-off for a New Mudguard and Front Fairing?  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Dilbert

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
Unfortunately they will deem you a greater risk, it shouldn't go up anywhere near as much as an at fault claim, but there will still be an increased premium  :006:
Just passin' through

Offline mop1960

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2106 ABS
  • City / Town: London
Regarding my new insurance premium, it was due for renewal on 18th January but it seems not to have affected it . Although Hastings Direct tried to charge me  436 fully comp (previously 230) I did the MCN online quote thingy (declaring the accident) and I was quoted less than last year by most of the insurers. I went with Bennetts 162 fully comp including legal cover. I did notice at the bottom of the web page that Hastings Direct and Hastings Premium had declined to quote.

My NCD was covered with Hastings and Bennetts didn't ask for any proof so I guess that's all online these days.

Hasting Direct also wrote me a letter regarding my "complaint"  which they said was now closed and they sent me a link to an online survey to rate their handling of my "complaint. It didn't work  :001:

Offline Dilbert

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
Always go for the comparison sites, if premium increases at all, most will give some sort of discount in the first year, then hike it every renewal thereafter, know the rules, play the game  :016:

Yes, a lot of the companies do an NCD check online, they're all linked by MID  :028:
Just passin' through