Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Voltage gauge  (Read 336 times)

Offline GLENNSR77

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2010 650 Versys
  • City / Town: Guisborough
Voltage gauge
« on: Jan 11, 2020, 04:18 PM »

Just fitted a voltage gauge and switch today. As the weather was so bad I decided to do a proper job of this. Stripped the side panels off and removed the petrol tank. Used good quality crimped connectors and wired from the battery to the front end following the main wiring loom tying the wires as I went. Put a connector at the end of this so I can disconnect the wires if I need to remove the front cowling in the future without having to remove all the connections. Wired permanently to the battery, the switch and voltage gauge so I can at a press of the button check the state of the battery even when the bike is turned off. I can also activate it whilst the bike is running to check the voltage output from the charging system. Total for the waterproof switch and voltage gauge was just under 6 from 'the bay'.
Oh yes and I also fitted a nice chrome radiator guard after seeing the price of replacement radiators.
[

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
Re: Voltage gauge
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2020, 06:54 PM »
Looks spot on sitting there
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2