Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Rain X plastic water repellent  (Read 5152 times)

Offline tonybro

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 650 Grand Tourer
  • City / Town: Newton Abbot
Rain X plastic water repellent
« on: Jan 29, 2020, 11:57 AM »
Been using the glass Rain X for some time and just seen they have released one for plastic. Tried it on my visor and windscreen and clears water away quickly and stops blurring effect as with rain.
Got mine from Halfords for £6.99. Only need a bit, so would imagine this will last for years.
Thought it would be worth a shout as anything that helps visibility is worth a go.

Offline Ash011

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: Rain X plastic water repellent
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Brought some yesterday , after reading this. Worth a shot especially this time of year riding in dark and rain.

Will let you know what i think once tested.

Cheers
Ash

Offline tonybro

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 650 Grand Tourer
  • City / Town: Newton Abbot
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2020, 08:38 AM »
That's what i had in mind. This time of year visibility isnt great at best of times.

Offline Siberman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2020, 09:16 AM »
Iím keen to read your review. I tried something similar but it canít have been the right stuff as the rain drops just beaded and sat on the visor! Talk about stars in your eyes!
I'm sorry, really bad reception here, you said your name was Dr. who?

Online Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys /16 GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2020, 11:39 PM »
I've a product called Perma seal professional Glass treatment, had it for over fifteen years, only use it in winter, it's two blocks of translucent "wax like" stuff, a pink one and a yellow one, you draw a cross on the outside of the visor with the pink and inside with the yellow; then buff off with a soft cloth, works really well to stop fogging/ misting, and beading water to run off in a downpour and lasts a couple of weeks or so each application, after 15 years it's about a 3rd used up so I probably won't need anything else.
Mark.