Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Interphone Sport and Sat Nav  (Read 593 times)

Offline Len Grundy

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 650 Versys
  • City / Town: Turners Hill
Interphone Sport and Sat Nav
« on: Feb 02, 2020, 06:43 PM »
Hello people, can anyone help or offer advice please. I have an interphone sport headset on the helmet only a year old and I have a Garmin Sat Nav Drivesmart 50. I have recently updated both items but I can't get the two devices talking to each other with Bluetooth. I can get the phone to speak to both items but not the two items themselves. So I can't hear the instructions of the sat nav through the helmet. Any help would be much appreciated.
Ride safe, regards Len.

Offline Len Grundy

• Versys Newbie
Re: Interphone Sport and Sat Nav
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2020, 09:48 PM »
Well people I think I have answered this one myself. Perhaps I missed something but apparently Bluetooth just isn't Bluetooth. There are several versions and each one is better for different applications. Ok so I have found a gismo made for Ridermount https://ridermount.com/product/bluetooth-gps-audio/ which is a gadget that you can put at the back of a satnav and you then get that :008: talking to your headset in your helmet. This allows you to use any satnav :152: on your bike as the satnav instructions are picked up by the gadget mic and the gadget then sends the info via Bluetooth to you helmet. Therefore you don't have to pay a fortune for a bike satnav :001:. I have ordered the said gadget so if anyone is interested, watch this space and if I get it working I will let you know how I get on. Thanks for reading.

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Annoying isnt it that not all bluetooth is compatible
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Online Galwayversys

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Few...
  • City / Town: Galway - Ireland
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Great to hear you solved your problem  :028:

Any experience I had with phone holders like the one shown on the ridermount page's video has made me want to throw the phone holder, gps and motorbike off a cliff, so at some point I just coughed up the money and got a motorbike tomtom.

Offline Len Grundy

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2020, 09:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that you got so frustrated. :023: I must say I have bought two sat nav holders for the V from Ridermount and been happy with both. I will update this when or if I get the Bluetooth gadget working. If it stops raining long enough for me to it set up on the bike.

Offline Len Grundy

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2020, 09:41 PM »
Well people I hope you are all keeping safe, but enjoying the little bit of Sunshine we had this weekend. If anyone is interested, I did get the ridermount gadget working. When I first opened the package I was a little disappointed as it seemed a lot of faffing :187: just to hear the satnav instructions. In the box is an amplifier unit with the mic which you need to attach to the satnav, this needs its own power supply so yet another power supply to be fitted to the bike. After that you then need to fit the Bluetooth unit into the back of the satnav holder, this is rechargeable battery operated, yet another cable hanging out of the satnav case. Once fitted you then get the Bluetooth unit talking to your headset, this bit is easy. The amplifier is connected to the Bluetooth unit via wire connection. Tried it out today and I must say the sound quality and volume is great and the unit does do what it says on the tin. So yes it works really well and it's cheaper than buying a bike satnav, whether its worth the hassle of fitting and faffing, only the individual can decide. :015: If it has some longevity then it might be worth keeping and moving to another bike if ever I feel  like replacing the V. You can just buy the amplifier bit and connect it into your helmet via any set of earphones, however having a wire hanging out of my helmet connected to the satnav would be horrendous as far as I am concerned. Safe riding and thanks for reading.