Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Lockdown Tyres!  (Read 8968 times)

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
Re: Lockdown Tyres!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2020, 04:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
i have thought about it, first thing on my shopping list would be an Evotech Rad Guard.

Pyramid Plastics would have been my go-to for a hugger, but I've read on here that they are not that reliable for the V, and are prone to breaking so I decided against it.

in all honesty, I'm a PCP guy and like to live unattached (don't tell the Mrs  :4:) I've done all the mod stuff before and in reality it just results in a moderate outlay for myself, with little benefit. I rarely keep my bikes for long enough to reap the rewards so I decided not to on this one.

Next I'm liking the idea of a Z650 or Ninja 650, possibly even a Z900 if the price and timing is right. I eventually plan to work my way back up to the Ninja 1000 SX, as she's now known. Once I get there, I'll hope to vbe able to settle down with a nice example of one and start investing in a whole series of mods.

Having said that, I'm really enjoying the little V and might try to stretch out my time with her as long as possible! (I've got just under 10k miles left with her  :019: )

Great forum helps too!  :152:
Pyramid plastics now use a different, stronger material for their huggers.  But they are matt finish thicker looking plastic.

Must say though, my old style black  gloss painted one ( well second one really as the first one broke, and was replaced under warranty)  is still going strong. Probably because the dealer that replaced it used a zip tie situated around the swingarm behind the footrest on the chain side, which does stop it moving around.

I can also praise Evotech products. I have used lots on my bikes over the years, and have been more than happy with them all. Their rad guard works well on the Versys, is easy to fit, and very durable.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2020, 04:27 PM by 100milesaway »
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • Strong adherent to the number 4
  • Bike: Triumph Rocket 3
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2020, 05:34 PM »
Evo tech are amazing and highly recommended

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: Tiger Sport 660
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #22 on: Mar 27, 2020, 09:18 PM »
Thanks guys.

I'd love the ABBA stand, admired them for a long time. I'm still just building up the courage to ask the Mrs if I can have one  :192:  :008:
I agree there's lots of great advice on here and that's a good idea.

I did similar on my old SX and eventually fitted rad guard, mud flap extender, tail tidy and screen.

Evotech are excellent and their SX products we're great (rad guard and tail tidy) the tail tidy was particularly difficult to fit and needed two people really.

I guess after spending all that money and time, as much as I'd love to do it again, watching her be written off and all of it go to waste. I have been left a little disheartened.
I'm also under strict orders from the boss at home, not to do all that again!  :125:

Jay has agreed to send me some videos of him (not like that  :whistle:) cleaning his bike as well as a few essential maintenance routines that I've been neglecting, while he's isolating. So I can give them ago once I do get my stand, and have something to do that keeps me from getting under her feet at home myself  :008:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!