Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Installed Ermax touring screen and SHAD SH40 Cargo top-box  (Read 941 times)

Online jkristjan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 2019
  • City / Town: Tallinn
You may ask why I am posting this but hear me out. This now really made the bike complete and as such, I would say it is the very first bike for me that has everything I wanted for it. The Ermax screen is the 4th screen I have bought for this bike and finally I hit home. It looks gorgeous and an order of magnitude better than anything else on this bike and at the same time it also works! By that I mean no buffeting. The big ugly Givi screen sure provides more wind protection, but besides the Givi, Ermax is the only one that does not create turbulence right in your face.

Now about the SHAD setup, the top box is more than just that, it completes the whole thing. When I only had the SH23 panniers, I was doubting if I need something bigger and if they look good on the bike. Now with the addition of the SH40 it all just falls in place. Perfect cargo capacity for long trips alone or few nights two-up, this is on par with the size of the bike. Also, the SH40 Cargo has the rack, so tent and mattress can go there.

Now I wouldn't want to repeat myself but did I say that the Ermax touring screen has absolutely killer looks? Both from outside and from the saddle. I feel that through this screen I will see a lot of distant lands and roads.

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
Re: Installed Ermax touring screen and SHAD SH40 Cargo top-box
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Very nice!

I like the SHAD set - up, certainly looks the part now  :152:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!

Offline Wassy

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650GT
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 01:16 PM »
Looks good, have you got a front facing photo? Id like to more of that screen 😃

Online jkristjan

• Versys Pro
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 02:28 PM »
Will take decent photos when weather improves, it is 5 degrees celsius and rain again today.

Online jkristjan

• Versys Pro
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 09:14 PM »
Still not the right pics of course but I just found this reflective door today and thought why not. And I would have not posted these but there's a story. Notice something wrong on these photos? Yes, the engine is running but the headlight is not on! I worked on the bike again today and the nose was off, I replaced the 5W5 marker lights with LEDs and in the process had to chase one 5W5 out of the reflector housing, in turn having to remove the low beam bulb and it's connector. long story short, I just pushed the rubber boot on and forgot to reconnect the bulb socket. And then I started taking these pictures half a mile from home and luckily discovered it. It was twilight already and I would have gotten myself into a very dangerous situation. Anyway, here comes the beauty of the MK3 Versys nose fairing design. Putting the bulb connector back on took 30 seconds and I didn't even have to remove my helmet.

Online Wal

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 09:10 PM »
screen looks good, :028:
 ive just fitted the Puig touring screen, worked well but way too high for my height (5ft 8) so i cut 50mm off and its fine, even better with spoiler on, no buffeting, also sorting out camping gear to try this year, havnt camped for 30 yrs

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 10:33 PM »

The ground has got considerably harder in the last 30 years - observed fact  :whistle:.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Online Wal

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 04:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]

The ground has got considerably harder in the last 30 years - observed fact  :whistle:.

Rob.

and airbeds have got thicker...... :008:

Online Wal

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 04:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wal [+]
screen looks good, :028:
 ive just fitted the Puig touring screen, worked well but way too high for my height (5ft 8) so i cut 50mm off and its fine, even better with spoiler on, no buffeting, also sorting out camping gear to try this year, havnt camped for 30 yrs

that should read 5ft 8 ins

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 07:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wal [+]

and airbeds have got thicker...... :008:
You'll find a camp bed is your best friend. 😃😚