Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: which Versys have I got?  (Read 1866 times)

Online kevin..in

• Versys God
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: stoke
Re: which Versys have I got?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2020, 08:10 PM »
there are plenty of genuine low mileage Versys around so no need to accept a bitsa in rough condition, I did a double take at the asking price of that remembering I paid 3k for mine with 738 miles on the clock 6 years ago. If the asking price is 2.5K then call the police because I stole mine!!!

Offline runtothehills

• Versys Member
  • Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
  • Bike: 09 MK1 V650 ABS
  • City / Town: Cardigan
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2020, 10:05 PM »
 :123A: We salute you Towerman. Your Guru cloud is plumped up and ready to levitate you above us mere mortals. Great detective work.
Grumpy one, looks like you came here in the nick of time.
Sometimes it takes a winding road to get your head straight.

Offline grumpyoldgit

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Mk1 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Swansea (ish)
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2020, 08:50 PM »
Refund on the way!
No argument, understood my concerns. He found out and explained the history of the bike as they know it. It was their own mk2 demonstrator, sold to a known customer and recently taken back from him. Insist its never been thrown down the road and that the owner changed the plastics because the originals were scratched, which I suppose could be true, but why you'd change them to the wrong ones I don't know :notsure:. Maybe he preferred the looks of the mk1?

Anyway, moving on I am still looking for a V, either a Mk1 or Mk2 but not both   :015:

Thanks again for the heads up  :020: :020: :020:

Online kevin..in

• Versys God
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2020, 09:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit [+]
Refund on the way!
No argument, understood my concerns. He found out and explained the history of the bike as they know it. It was their own mk2 demonstrator, sold to a known customer and recently taken back from him. Insist its never been thrown down the road and that the owner changed the plastics because the originals were scratched, which I suppose could be true, but why you'd change them to the wrong ones I don't know :notsure:. Maybe he preferred the looks of the mk1?

Anyway, moving on I am still looking for a V, either a Mk1 or Mk2 but not both   :015:

Sounds like bollocks there is quite a bit to change to convert mk2 front to mk1 plastics are a minor part

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 + Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2020, 10:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit [+]
Refund on the way!

Richard    :001: 

2020 NVM now on HOLD until Sept 2020

Offline mac one

• Versys God
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2020, 01:17 AM »
2014 in red on flee bay 2895 with f s h and luggage, could be a good replacement.

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2020, 01:17 AM »
I think you guys are overreacting.  I'm sure there is a simple explanation for the Mk2 conversion to Mk1.  Like, for example, it became obvious to the previous owner that Mk1 were far superior and couldn't take it anymore, so he invested a small fortune in turning his inferior Mk2 into a much more desirable Mk1.   :211:

Unfortunately, we all know it's more than skin deep, so he ended up with the worst Mk1 ever...   :whistle:

:008:

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline grumpyoldgit

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Mk1 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Swansea (ish)
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2020, 07:16 PM »
Apparently I have my refund, but its not landed in the bank yet.
Surprisingly difficult to get hold of the guy dealing with it. He was going to call yesterday with the card machine but forgot. So called them again this morning but he was on the phone and would call me straight back.
Still hadn't heard from him by two so I called again, this time he answered the phone, ''sorry its been busy, I'll get the machine'' ''Thank you . goodbye.''

The bike's still for sale btw with no change of wording at this time, so one can only assume they're not bothered about selling a bitza without telling the prospective punter.

Shame , because all the dealings I've had in the past with them, they've gone out of their way to be helpful. Different dept. I guess.

So as soon as the money's back in the bank....  :biker1: :biker1: :biker1:

Online kevin..in

• Versys God
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2020, 09:30 PM »
caveat emptor!!! as they used to say in Rome.
There are no silly questions and it's always best to ask here first.  :028:

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Sounds dodgy, but good luck.

I've also bought parts from them before with no problems so hopefully it'll sort itself out soon!

Stick around here, there's bound to be someone selling a well looked after V sooner or later. Especially once they realise they want to upgrade to the most superior Mk3!!  :152:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!