Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Zeta XC Flasher hand guards  (Read 879 times)

Offline InverterMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 15 Versys
  • City / Town: Kitchener
Re: Zeta XC Flasher hand guards
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 06:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevin..in [+]
I can only apologise for the hurt caused when I pointed out that cheap Chinese LEDs all over your bike looks "Gash"  :notsure:

I assume you refer to the Barkbusters, because nothing cheap about the Denali or the high output LED signal lights. As to the link in the original, tell me where the Zeta gets their LEDs. I am a mod on another forum, all kinds of cheap after market China fog lights displayed, I don't ever recall anyone commenting or critiquing a post like my post. The SafeGo led headlights aren't cheap, they are well made and my low beam has over 500 hours on it, let me say I am disappointed in the response to this thread.
No questions were ever asked as to  how I wired this originally, I had two relays,because my old running lights were involved in a low speed crash and no longer available. If you look at the posts on this forum, few and far between. I like to share my knowledge , clearly that was a mistake on this forum.
@TowerMan posts regularly on the forum I am a mod on, I thought I would return the favour.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 06:12 PM by InverterMan »

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: Bike bereft
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 07:19 PM »
Which forum are you a mod on?

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • still lovin' it
  • Bike: F850GS - GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 09:01 PM »
I actually like the lights on the bike - Don't take Kevin-in's opinion on the lights.
I have people say they don't light my additional lights on my Goldwing, which is set up for Light Parades, even though I don't use many of them while on road riding. but for everyone who doesn't like them at least 10 say they relly like the lights.
I have seen some really gash looking lit up bikes and I don't rate InverterMan's bike in that catagory.

Just my opinion.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 10:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oldplodder [+]

I have seen some really gash looking lit up bikes and I don't rate InverterMan's bike in that catagory.

Just my opinion.

Dave T
+5 as Blue would say. 😃

Offline Siberman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 07:12 AM »
Yeah, come on Kevin..in! Some of us have sensitive feelings about our gash lights!😍
I'm sorry, really bad reception here, you said your name was Dr. who?

Online kevin..in

• Versys God
  • City / Town: stoke
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 09:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Siberman [+]
Yeah, come on Kevin..in! Some of us have sensitive feelings about our gash lights!😍
I have apologised for pointing out the gashness what more can I do?

Offline Siberman

• Versys Pro
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 03:52 PM »
Fair play. 👍
I'm sorry, really bad reception here, you said your name was Dr. who?

Offline InverterMan

• Versys Pro
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 06:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stewie [+]
Which forum are you a mod on?
The same one TowerMan posts on. kawasaki versys  com , Can't provide a link or I could get kicked off. As to my original post, I am a retired master electrician with electronic endorsement, I was on a service truck for over 30 years, from my driving using only mirrors for rear view .
   I realized many car and truck drivers don't really look closely before doing lane changes, secondly I have had distracted drivers pull out in front of me and stop, I was prepared but I could have been seriously hurt. The total cost in parts for my lighting comes to about $600 Canadian. Cost wasn't a factor, where it was made also wasn't a factor, many are in the dark, our OEM regulator is made by Shindengen in China, so is the Polaris 4012941 and the Polaris 4016868. What I look for is reliability and quality , The SafeGo and those strip lights are both quality.If I could buy in canada I would, the thing I find is , people do sell those in Canada at a 500% mark up .
  I uploaded those photos as I thought some might be interested in how I did it, as a example there is a for sale https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,25422.0.html of the expensive , also discontinued in Canada and I quote;genuine expensive barkbuster daytime running lights fitted

I don't know about the members on this forum as to driving experience, but in Ontario Canada , in the last two weeks, even though we are in covid 19 restrictions, there have been 6 motorcycle fatalities. When you are facing me in traffic, no question if I am making a signal turn, if I am following you, no question something really bright behind you.

FYI no amount of lighting or high visibility clothing / Armour will take the place of ATGATT and motorcycle safety training, it just enhances it, and if you think that is a Christmas approaching you*** well admit it, I got your attention didn't I.

And if someone wants I can do a how to if there is interest, BTW I mentioned originally the SafeGo Led headlights were great if you did pizza delivery or were trying to guide a plane to land, as the reflector on the 2015 Versys 650 isn't designed for LED, however I added this to my high beam as well. So far I am extremely happy, I can run both low and high and maintain 14.2 VDC at idle .

:015: :biker1: tree
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:49 PM by InverterMan »

Offline Wassy

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650GT
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 08:26 AM »
Id love a how to guide. I work shifts and I ride on some nasty dark roads, so being seen is very important to me.

Offline InverterMan

• Versys Pro
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2020, 03:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wassy [+]
Id love a how to guide. I work shifts and I ride on some nasty dark roads, so being seen is very important to me.
Have any photos of your bike, what year is it and is it the 650? I may do a How To post, depending on interest, all my posts contain photos, how far you want to go also has a bearing on what I post. My original barkbuster led were a row of white and a row of yellow. I had a low speedcrash and damaged the clutch side led strip, no longer available. I found these 17 which is 9 white and 8 yellow combination with electronic switching. Since LED lights still suffer from light angle I thought why not put two strips at different angles. The SafeGo LED lights work 150% better in a MK-1 or MK-2 , the reflector in my 2015 MK-3 is not conducive to LED lighting, however the SafeGo can be adjusted after mounting.
Like I said,if enough interest I will do a separate post.