Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: After market Spot/fog light fitting  (Read 282 times)

Offline Kwakershayden

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Kawasaki versys
  • City / Town: Glossop
After market Spot/fog light fitting
« on: Jun 18, 2020, 09:04 AM »
Hi I'm new to all this and looking at fitting some after market spot/fog lights to my versys they say to wire them to battery but I'd rather use the OEM connector that I believe is behind the left side front fairing could I do this the bike has been fitted with the relay that's need to power all the connectors as have heated grips and 12v socket

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: After market Spot/fog light fitting
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2020, 11:28 AM »
Just fitted a pair to my 10 year old Mk2 650. See post link below for details. Long story short, a spur taken off a convenient switched live feed is all you need. I chose the rear brake live as I bought a fused loom from China-bay and it was so long it was better to run the wiring from rear to front. Photos and description of the work on the link below.

https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,25391.msg332828.html#msg332828

If even a cockwomble like me can do it, anyone can. Other, superior masters of electrickery will be along soon I'm sure to point out something I did wrong.

Offline Kwakershayden

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Kawasaki versys
  • City / Town: Glossop
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2020, 12:14 PM »
Hi thanks for the reply I bought a wiring loom as the lights I've bought don't come with one and hoped to use the auxiliary plugs that are already there on the bike to use but the loom has a fuse and a relay on it so wasn't sure if I could use the auxiliary plugs

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2020, 12:17 PM »
Understood. I took one look at the available relay in the LH fairing (which I have already used for my aux socket) and said "Nah, bugger that."

Good luck with the install buddy. Spots do make a difference, especially in low light sunrise/sunset conditions.