Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: I bit the bullet and bought the versys  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Rapcity

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 2016
  • City / Town: newcastle
I bit the bullet and bought the versys
« on: Jun 30, 2020, 10:48 AM »
I was deciding between the vfr 800 and the versys 650, i like the sports bike position and its all i have known but all the reviews etc kept saying how fun the Versys is and i was worried that id buy the vfr then it being uncomfortable as i plan on keeping this bike for a long time and am pushing 50 and not sure how long i can ride sports bikes lol. plus i saw this one with top box, panniers, sat nav wired in, a throttle mister cruise control(no idea how to work that yet), power sockets, heated grips, fog lights, custom seat with 8K kms for $8k AUD which i couldn't pass up. so i am officially a versys 2016 abs M17 black with green trim owner. so far the riding position is bloody weird lol and that is going to take some getting used to. i was initially worried about the power coming from the ninja 1000, but around town and traffic (the majority of my riding) its perfectly fine, had no worries driving the 2 hours home on freeway from Sydney either, takes longer than the ninja but i wasn't disappointed with it at all , actually surprised as i was expecting to be a lot worse lol. love the fact its half the price to insure than the NK1.
i can feel the handling is faster. so far i love all its characteristics, i just have to get use to this riding position which is going to take some time.

i was thinking of adding a quick shifter to it , has anyone down this or is it a dumb idea. if its dumb idea please tell me lol

if this link works this is same model haven't had time to take my own yet.  but will https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2017-kawasaki-versys-650-abs/SSE-AD-6691910/?Cr=1
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2020, 10:54 AM by Rapcity »

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: I bit the bullet and bought the versys
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:47 PM »
Glad to hear it mate.

My brother, who converted to the little Versys after 30 years of riding sports bikes commented "it's like I'm sat in it, not on it".

Chuck it around a few corners and go on a tour, that'll tell you all you need to know.

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2020, 01:22 PM »
 :185: to the forum.

I'm sure that you will enjoy the little Versys. There is not a lot that the bike can't tackle.

Plenty enough power to have a lot of fun ( this bike does like to rev ).

Lots of comfort on offer too, great riding position, good brakes, and a remarkable ability to put a huge smile on your chops.

ENJOY   Cheers  :031:   Geoff.  :2:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2018 KLE 300 CHF
  • City / Town: Chorleywood
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2020, 01:46 PM »
I'm biased, I know that, but I think that the Versys 650 is one of the best bikes you can get!  I too came to the V650 form a sportsbike (a Ninja) which was infinitely better than the Versys in the twisties.  The Ninja is such a beautifully designed bike for riding fast on twisty roads.  But, riding fast on twisty roads is the only time that the Ninja was comfortable.  The rest of the time, it was torture.  I did a Saddle Sore 1,000 and Bun Burner 1,500 on my Versys 650 and thought that it performed admirably.  I've thrown it around country roads and while it wasn't as easy to handle as the Ninja (which uses thought control as input), it was really good.  I've taken it on trail roads and despite the relatively small alloy wheels it coped beautifully.  I don't think that you'll regret your purchase!
Ride as if your life depended on it.

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • still lovin' it
  • Bike: F850GS - GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2020, 04:27 PM »
Glad you bought one - You won't regret it!

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2020, 01:57 AM »

+1 to the above.

It's almost as quick as a bullet (in the twisties) and tastes better too.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Rapcity

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 2016
  • City / Town: newcastle
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2020, 11:33 AM »
thanks everyone appreciate the encouragement.

i can feel this little machine has something special in it. i just have to give the riding position some time to embed in my brain and become second nature. i am not disappointed at all in the bikes performance in fact im stoked at its performance to be honest i thought it was going to be a lot worse, its probably perfect for the street to be honest. it really is just going to take time to get used to sitting up. its just such a different feel to riding, yes definitely more "in" the bike , and cornering is so different  :027:

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2020, 12:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rapcity [+]
thanks everyone appreciate the encouragement.

i can feel this little machine has something special in it. i just have to give the riding position some time to embed in my brain and become second nature. i am not disappointed at all in the bikes performance in fact im stoked at its performance to be honest i thought it was going to be a lot worse, its probably perfect for the street to be honest. it really is just going to take time to get used to sitting up. its just such a different feel to riding, yes definitely more "in" the bike , and cornering is so different  :027:
You'll be great when your body gells into it.  :152:

Offline wolfrunner

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 versy 650 M
  • City / Town: Runcorn
« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2020, 11:40 AM »
Welcome and enjoy as we all do  :008: :031:
Old sod on the outside, 21 on the inside :)

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #9 on: Jul 02, 2020, 12:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]
+1 to the above.

It's almost as quick as a bullet (in the twisties) and tastes better too.

Rob.
Would that be a 350, or a 500 bullet  :question:     :008: