Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Rearranged 2020 NVM  (Read 3057 times)

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 + Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
Rearranged 2020 NVM
« on: Jul 10, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Keep the w/e of 5th September free in your diaries -  :152:
It will not be in NI, but somewhere in Central England     -     Details still TBC  :028:
Full details will be made in the next Versys group Zoom meeting ( 1st August @ 20:00 )  :031:
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2020, 11:22 AM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001: 

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black (& Silver)
  • City / Town: Chorleywood
Re: Rearranged 2020 NVM
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2020, 12:01 PM »
 :38:
Ride as if your life depended on it.

Offline Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2020, 02:14 PM »
We have to wait until 01/08/2020  to find out where  :192: Central Engand  :notsure: Hopefully not Meriden, Coventry  :151: Maybe the Peak District is close enough to the centre to be considered. Any further clues would be much appreciated.
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2020, 02:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Onslowe [+]
We have to wait until 01/08/2020  to find out where  :192: Central Engand  :notsure: Hopefully not Meriden, Coventry  :151: Maybe the Peak District is close enough to the centre to be considered. Any further clues would be much appreciated.
Could do a lot worse than going back to Hawes.  :027: anywhere further South and I get a nose bleed.  :019:

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: Honda CB1000RA
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2020, 03:27 PM »
I am sure it will be a triumphant return for the NVM

Offline Clubpenguin

• Versys Pro
  • hyde
  • Bike: versys grand
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2020, 07:26 PM »
My interest is peaked
chris and keeley

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2020, 10:44 AM »
Cheers TM for taking this on.

Regarding the Peak District, there's lots of speed restrictions across many of the more interesting roads (Snakes Pass, Woodhead Pass, Winnats Pass, Cat and Fiddle run etc.) so it won't offer the progressive stuff that it used to. However there are some lovely, technical single lane and minor roads (Pym Chair, Goyts Valley, Holme Moss, Flash village etc.).

Every time I've ridden there over the last decade the riding has become more disrupted by intermittent speed controls and the approaches to it from the west are peppered with mobile and avg speed cameras.

Some ideas for consideration?

Forest of Bowland - Lake District
North Pennines/Wearhead - Hadrian's Wall (a natural extension of last year's successful Yorkshire Dales with similar thrills on offer?)
Northumberland - Borders - Kielder
Lincolnshire Wolds (doesn't have the beauty of the National Parks but has some cracking, open roads and near to the seaside)
Lyn Peninsula - Anglesey - Snowdonia

I think that we all know that everything south of the Peak District is much more limited and congested (except Wales of course). Even Cornwall and Devon have become a bit of a damp squib for biking...except perhaps the North Devon run and the Exmoor/Dartmoor routes.

I have been playing around with a South West route to pick up on some ancient stuff, viewpoints and picking a way around the major congestion points. PM if you think this is worth investigating.

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2020, 10:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by jonnster71 [+]
Cheers TM for taking this on.

Regarding the Peak District, there's lots of speed restrictions across many of the more interesting roads (Snakes Pass, Woodhead Pass, Winnats Pass, Cat and Fiddle run etc.) so it won't offer the progressive stuff that it used to. However there are some lovely, technical single lane and minor roads (Pym Chair, Goyts Valley, Holme Moss, Flash village etc.).

Every time I've ridden there over the last decade the riding has become more disrupted by intermittent speed controls and the approaches to it from the west are peppered with mobile and avg speed cameras.

Some ideas for consideration?

North Pennines/Wearhead - Hadrian's Wall (a natural extension of last year's successful Yorkshire Dales with similar thrills on offer?)
Lincolnshire Wolds (doesn't have the beauty of the National Parks but has some cracking, open roads and near to the seaside)

I think that we all know that everything south of the Peak District is much more limited and congested (except Wales of course). Even Cornwall and Devon have become a bit of a damp squib for biking...except perhaps the North Devon run and the Exmoor/Dartmoor routes.

I have been playing around with a South West route to pick up on some ancient stuff, viewpoints and picking a way around the major congestion points. PM if you think this is worth investigating.
All true.    So it's the Dales again then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.    :banana:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black (& Silver)
  • City / Town: Chorleywood
« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2020, 11:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by jonnster71 [+]

Any of those sound GREAT!

After a trip around Devon and Cornwall last year, I can definitely cross them off my list.  Traffic congestion was horrible.  And ... Dartmoor and Exmoor were beautiful scenery but s-l-o-w riding.
Ride as if your life depended on it.

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 + Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2020, 12:01 PM »
Options on what you want to do at the Rearranged NVM - HERE  :031: :031:
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2020, 12:02 PM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001: