Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Textile jacket recommendations sub 150  (Read 618 times)

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
Re: Textile jacket recommendations sub 150
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2020, 12:42 PM »
I love SBS too, great shop and always really helpful. Bought loads of things from them in the past.

Obviously everyone has their own budgets and requirements but I am a firm believer that you should dress for the slide and not the ride as they say. As such make sure you're covered up, experience has made me thankful for that approach numerous times too.

I was only kidding, but in all seriousness if you haven't got armoured trousers, you should have and make sure they have hip protectors. More important than knee ones.

I never understood why motorcycle manufacturers put knee sliders in as standard, but make us pay extra for the hips  :151:
 Only MotoGP riders have accidents that require sliding resistance of gods and knee sliders, if we go down on the road it's inevitably on to our side.
Shame I can't find it now, but a research project I read a while ago looked at the most common injuries sustained by motorcyclists (it might have been internal research) and it found that lower body injuries were most common, in particular foot and ankle injuries with hip inj being the most common severe injury.
It highlighted to me the funny way in which motorcyclists generally prioritise their safety gear, a linked study into spending and wearing hbits suggest that we are more likely to spend the biggest amount on helmets, closely followed by gloves and then boots, trousers were last.
In actual fact the evidence suggested that we should be prioritising from the bottom up (except from helmets of course  :whistle:)

Anyway sorry for going  :94: :11: (that almost never happens on here :notsure:) Not meant to be a lecture.

Glad you like your new jacket and look forward to reading how you get on with the V   :37:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!

Online grumpyoldgit

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Swansea (ish)
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2020, 01:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]

I was only kidding, but in all seriousness if you haven't got armoured trousers, you should have and make sure they have hip protectors. More important than knee ones....

I agree, I wear the padded aramid jeans and always wear me boots  :028:

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #12 on: Jul 31, 2020, 01:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit [+]
I agree, I wear the padded aramid jeans and always wear me boots  :028:

:028:

I've got some Oxford ones, not fully lined but better than normal jeans. armoured jeans are a great addition to summer gear  :7:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!

Online grumpyoldgit

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Swansea (ish)
« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2020, 10:46 AM »
Second update  :138:

Just in case a future addition to this thread is ''How's the Richa holding up?''...

Being the procrastinator that I am  :124: , I thought I'd just double check before I bundled them back up for return. Having had a few pies and changed jumpers etc. in the meantime, I changed my mind and kept the Montreal instead as it has just a little growing room whereas the Richa was a perfect fit and I think a little better quality it left no room under the armpits for erm.. future expansion or thicker woolies. In an ideal world I'd have kept the two but then again if I had that budget I'd probably be looking at different jackets.

Its not easy being me ya know   :008: