Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: A Bike Security Chain Scandal???  (Read 7357 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
Re: A Bike Security Chain Scandal???
« Reply #40 on: Jul 18, 2020, 04:19 AM »
Truth be told, we'd prefer if you went to visit the Eyetalians.  Too many people come here and crowd our roads, as many have noticed on my ride reports...    :whistle:

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline PeriphVision

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2013 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Halifax
« Reply #41 on: Jul 18, 2020, 12:02 PM »
That's rather weird you know.

Rome is being excavated all the time. It's an amazing place, they're digging all the time and still finding stuff.

That obsessed about the massively impressive structures a load of slaves were instructed to build, by masters and other experts in the field.

Lot of intelligence at the time, tended to succeed, EARLIER ON in its existence.

While often quite brutal throughout of course, it was most successful when it didn't just Dominate 'It's' Empire! It kind of coopted, bringing benefits of trades from around the world. Incorporating and merging local customs and deities. Not smashing them up. Deals, oh yes on it's terms mainly of course. But there were mutual benefits.

Then, so the history and fascinating archeology tells us.  It became over-extended and difficult to run. The Emperor system of command was lacking even then. Along the lines of orders. Arbitrary instructions passed  though many miles, to serve an increasingly corrupt and pampered elite at the centre of the Roman Empire. People there of course weren't 'pampered' much of course. But the elite were.

Anyway Gustavo, they found an engraved tablet recently. . . it was signed. . . .It was difficult to make out but . . .'Gustavius' was peoples best guess.

In translation it said something like;

'Too many people come here and crowd our roads, as many have noticed when I rattle round on my my cart'

Anyway I couldn't blame you for that Gustavo mate. You're the wrong class to blame and you're not old enough.

:027: Just a bit of history. :211:    :123A: :biker1:

Offline PeriphVision

• Versys Member
« Reply #42 on: Jul 18, 2020, 01:52 PM »
Thinks  :notsure: :187:

I wonder if I put a message at the side of my posts saying that I wanted a job . . . Maybe as a Motorcycle Journalist? Maybe something else?

If I'd get any offers??

Go on  . . . I've risked saying I don't offend easy!

Suggestions funny and serious welcome!!! Within reason....... Or you, and everyone else might have to not flick past my considered non abusive possibly very long (only a second to scroll past and ignore if you want) response.

. . . . . I really have stuff I need to be doing!  . . . . But, it's fun (On versys.co.uk WTF!  :008:) you'll all have your own prevarications and things you should really be doing I'm sure.

Offline PeriphVision

• Versys Member
« Reply #43 on: Jul 18, 2020, 07:01 PM »
Read 911 times . . . A significant milestone.

It's clear people are definitely very interested in their Security! And this rather informative thread on it. Not all my doing, 911 proves it!

Thanks everybody for all your constructive contributions. I'm sure we all learn something. It's what it's for isn't it.

We only want to guard against alleged corrupt practices of security and official assurance organisations having any merit, so we don't get ripped off as bikers and consumers!

Openness especially amongst organisations like these is essential, with, one would think . . . a nominal respect for the 'democratic processes' that's claimed of the societies 'they represent', or just 'provide services for'. . . .if we don't watch out :lostit: . . . .or even if we think we have been watching out . . . . they can be sometimes a bit like the 'services' 'provided' by or rather FOR . .  The MAFIA! :25:

Now did I rashly say I wanted to go to Italy :5:  :027:  Psst!. . . . It's not just an 'Eyetalian' problem. :028:
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2020, 07:17 PM by PeriphVision »

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 + Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #44 on: Jul 18, 2020, 07:19 PM »
911 people, I doubt it 🤔

More like 42 people and the rest are web crawlers / bots (guests) that frequent all forums 😟

Sorry to disappoint you 😕
Richard    :001: 

Offline PeriphVision

• Versys Member
« Reply #45 on: Jul 18, 2020, 07:23 PM »
Cool TM. Not disappointed at all.  Would you believe? It had crossed my mind. :028:

It would indeed, rather obviously, be an unfeasible amount of bikers logging on to and reading this. Important an issue as it is to some.

Also isn't it the case that 'web crawlers / bots (guests) that frequent all forums' have a right to get useful information and be entertained anyway?

They might get a bike you know, if they haven't already. A Versys maybe? it's fantastic people who don't, have other makes, or maybe not even bikes yet! aren't excluded from versys.co.uk

Helped people be interested in the site . . Yes the need to guard against the unhelpful and disingenuous. But I'm hoping you've got by now that's not me.

:36:

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2020, 07:51 PM by PeriphVision »

Offline McVicar

• Versys Pro
  • Berrow, Somerset
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Berrow, Somerset
« Reply #46 on: Jul 18, 2020, 08:33 PM »
Well I admit to reading it 10 times and I haven't a bloody clue what he's rambling on about.

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #47 on: Jul 18, 2020, 08:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by McVicar [+]
Well I admit to reading it 10 times and I haven't a bloody clue what he's rambling on about.
😆😆😆😆😆Welcome to the club.

Offline sullspots

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Liverpool UK
« Reply #48 on: Jul 18, 2020, 09:21 PM »
In his opening post I thought Bot or AI but maybe he is just a guy chewing on a bone about sh#t chains??

Offline PeriphVision

• Versys Member
« Reply #49 on: Jul 18, 2020, 09:39 PM »
No problem. :015: It's here for a while, hopefully, if you need more time to refresh on the story.

Specific genuine questions for any specific clarities required are welcome.

The short one of relevance . . .It is the contention and the intention of me starting this post!!!

Most people who ride bikes . . .Yes those who need actual security chains!  But those who have any Insurance also . . .

ARE BEING RIPPED OFF :125: :25: :157: :157: :157: . . .AND NOT WELL SERVED BY THE OFFICIAL AUTHORITIES IN THE MATTER.

I'd not like to add this site to that description as I feel it has some freedom and independence. I do not claim to be an expert on motorcycles or anything on the subject much. It's the primary reason why I joined! I look forward to all your further superior advices on that subject.

But I smell a great big rat! As the people at Almax were threatened by them and the money of those that leech us all.

When I found out . . . .after losing three bikes! I wanted something 'invulnerable' to bolt cutter attack, IT'S SO EASY AND MUCH QUICKER THAN NEARLY ALL MANUFACTURERS 'resistant claims'!!!!!!

I had a thought that other bikers and consumers should be alerted here!. . . I do not have the presentational style of Esther Rantzen sorry. (You have to be old to get that one!  :008: )

If you watched Almaxs' 'Wall of Shame' ????? it's quite striking isn't it?

Thought maybe relative to my mc naivety, It could be make up for by my ability to smell a rat or rats.

Still . . . there you go. Anybody on here understand that one, as an on point refresher?

Is someone going to say 'Yes we know all that but it doesn't matter?' :notsure:
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2020, 10:12 PM by PeriphVision »