Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Sit and Fly seat cover for dummies  (Read 362 times)

Offline grumpyoldgit

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Swansea (ish)
Sit and Fly seat cover for dummies
« on: Aug 05, 2020, 12:33 PM »
If you can put your socks on in the morning unaided you can fit a Sit and Fly seat cover.

What is it?

Its ... erm ... a seat cover. Made from a 3D mesh which was thicker than I thought it would be. Imagine fishnet (stockings) but made of plastic, and then stack them about 8mm high with a small gap between each layer. Cut that to shape, add an elastic edge and a few velcro straps and voila! a seat cover that not only cushions yer bum but raises it off the seat a few mm to let the wind and rain flow beneath.

The Versys takes a size XL

I ordered mine from Ebay (seller: free_tax_2012) from Israel @ $30 ( 23) delivered. It took 13 days from day of order to doorstep.

How to fit it.

Remove seat from bike.
Place on a suitable clean surface.
Slide the cover over the seat (the badge goes at the back).
Once on, with the seat upside down pull the edges of the cover towards the centreline of the seat to take up any slack and then join the velcro straps together to fix in position.
Put the seat back on.

The Negatives: Only two I can see.

I think the hard mesh will probably scratch the paint on the tank with use so I will get a clear protector strip to prevent that and secondly it could probably do with a third strap at the front of the seat where it narrows before the tank as there's a little slack there, but once I've decided if I'm keeping it I will probably staple it in place or add a strap of some sort.

Ride report to follow  :028:

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys /16 GT
  • City / Town: London
Re: Sit and Fly seat cover for dummies
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2020, 07:39 PM »
I have something similar and it's worked well for the last couple of thousand miles; an unexpected bonus is the fact it actually stop any movement on the seat (sliding back & forwards), I've found no need to raise the seat front as I did on my previous Mk1 version.
Mark.

Offline grumpyoldgit

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Swansea (ish)
Re: Sit and Fly seat cover for dummies
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2020, 04:32 PM »
Ride report here
https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,25527.msg335690.html#msg335690

but in short:
 :028: good airflow under butt and less slippage toward tank.

:151: Doesn't really add much cushioning (for my bony asp anyhow)

Result:  :37: