Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Black 2007 Mk1 for sale - 19414 miles  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black (& Silver)
  • City / Town: Chorleywood
Re: Black 2007 Mk1 for sale - 19414 miles
« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2020, 10:49 AM »
JonFromWales is a lucky guy!
Ride as if your life depended on it.

Offline kiteflying

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 650 (07)
  • City / Town: Sidmouth
« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2020, 09:25 PM »
Quick update

Unfortunately the sale to jonfromwales isn't going ahead. He was looking at the V for his son, who hadn't realised until this afternoon that it doesn't have ABS, which is something he wanted. No fault on Jon who has been great throughout and drove down from Cardiff in atrocious conditions yesterday to look at the bike- and hopefully if anyone is looking for a 3rd party opinion on the bike, Jon may be able to give it.

But for now the bike is looking for a new owner and is still very much for sale.
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2020, 09:26 PM by kiteflying »

Offline Dr_Otker_Pudding

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 (MK1)
« Reply #12 on: Sep 17, 2020, 10:29 PM »
The bike looks amazing! I just got one a couple of months ago - same year! Yours looks like new compared to mine haha.
I do want to ask - do you remember where you bought the GPS mount from - it looks amazing and I haven't found something that nice so far.

Thanks and hope you make a quick sale still  :123A:

Offline jim ballantyne

• Versys God
« Reply #13 on: Sep 17, 2020, 10:58 PM »
Hope you find something suitable your v looks amazing
Jim

Offline kiteflying

• Versys Master
« Reply #14 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dr_Otker_Pudding [+]
The bike looks amazing! I just got one a couple of months ago - same year! Yours looks like new compared to mine haha.
I do want to ask - do you remember where you bought the GPS mount from - it looks amazing and I haven't found something that nice so far.

Thanks and hope you make a quick sale still  :123A:

Hi and thanks for the feedback.

I haven't sold it yet and haven't pushed it as I really didn't want to go outside the forum other than investigating part ex - but I'll update the thread later on this.

But back to your question - the GPS mount is cool isn't it. I got it from Moto Werk in the States - otherwise known as Speedy Gonzales on this forum. He makes the excellent lowering kit that many of us shorties have fitted. Shipping costs from the States aren't cheap but Speedy does his best to keep costs, including import duty low.

Here's the link https://motowerk.com/collections/kawasaki-versys-650/products/gps-mount-versys-650-2007-to-2009-models?variant=16018689667

In the meantime - my V is still waiting for a new owner to come along and look after it.

Cheers

Tim

Offline kiteflying

• Versys Master
« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by jim ballantyne [+]
Hope you find something suitable your v looks amazing
Jim

Hi Jim

Hope you are well and doing plenty of riding while the weather is so good.

I tried a Street Twin last week hoping that it being lower and narrower would help but even though I loved the bike, sadly it was no more comfortable than the V. Or maybe it was marginally more comfortable but I could see that in a year I'd be in the same place ie unable to ride it.

The Triumph dealer suggested a cruiser - something I definitely can't get my head around. I think a hip replacement would be preferable to a cruiser so think I'll end up going down that route.

Cheers

Tim

Offline Dr_Otker_Pudding

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 (MK1)
« Reply #16 on: Sep 18, 2020, 11:10 AM »
Hey Tim,

Thanks a lot for the link!! Amazing - I will look what else I could buy - oups...it's not even pay day yet!

Before the Versys, I was riding only Triumphs - rented them out through Club Moto London for many reasons. That said, if you want something nice and comfy (like very comfy) I would recommend a '08+ Bonneville - the 856 ones.
Extremely pleasurable to ride, relaxed and good amount of kick / torque. I love it. It is comfier than the Versys due to the position (and the seat's better and there are several versions out there, including lowered ones). I attached a pic

Hope this helps