Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: FI light on after MOT  (Read 339 times)

Offline Magichand

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK2
  • City / Town: Cambridge
FI light on after MOT
« on: Sep 04, 2020, 09:38 PM »
Hi All,

Could you please someone give me an advice?

My Versys 650 MK2  was due for an MOT and in the same time they changed the front break pads too.
When I picked up the bike I turned the ignition key and I have noticed the FI lights is on. I went back to the garage and I asked the mechanic what's going on why the FI light is on? He told me they haven't done anything it must be a coincidence and if I want I can leave the bike there and they will check it out for me. He told me they don't have a plug for  a Kawasaki but in the next few days they will have one and they can check what's going on with the bike. After this conversation I jumped on the bike and left. I can tell the bike wasn't behaving the same. When I was riding home the FI light went off so I thought the mechanic was right it is coincidence. Next day same thing FI lights on all the time now. I have done the diagnostic mode on the bike and I got code 12 which is indicates the inlet air pressure sensor.

My question is could be the mechanic temperd with her so I can take the bike back and charge me more or it is a coincidence as he said? The bike had no problem at all before I left with them. After this I'm very disappointed about that garage and I don't want to take my bike to them anymore.
How can I sort this issue? What should I check?
Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the video about the FI code. I hope I'm right. I'm reading 12.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wWQcyJkbFVguDKax8

Kind Regards,
Magichand

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
Re: FI light on after MOT
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2020, 10:36 PM »

I agree it sounds odd and certainly isn't typical.

This week end several of those who might be able to help are at the NVM do,  so you might not get a useful answer until Monday.

Keep us posted.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Magichand

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2020, 10:41 PM »
Thanks Rob. I can wait. ;)

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2020, 04:33 AM »
Do you have a shop manual?  Start with checking that the sensor is in place and properly connected before you start taking the bike to a shop (that one or another).  If you don't see anything obviously amiss, then you need to if the sensor, wiring or ECU are the problem, the manual shows what needs to be done (starts on page 3-44).   

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline Magichand

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2020, 08:09 AM »
Hi Gustavo,

I believe I have a service manual on my computer.
I will check those pages today or tomorrow and let you know my findings.

Offline Magichand

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2020, 03:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]
Do you have a shop manual?  Start with checking that the sensor is in place and properly connected before you start taking the bike to a shop (that one or another).  If you don't see anything obviously amiss, then you need to if the sensor, wiring or ECU are the problem, the manual shows what needs to be done (starts on page 3-44).   

Gustavo

Sorry for my late reply.
Unfortunately I do not have any of those tools to check the sensor or the ECU and some of them is cost 160.
I have disconnected the sensor cleaned it up and the FI light was gone for 2-3 days and now it's back again. Besides that she's seems to be running just fine. I'm going to try to check it out if the wiring it's OK between the sensor and the ECU.