Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Las Vegas to Portland, avoiding lung damage...  (Read 9891 times)

Online Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
Re: Las Vegas to Portland, avoiding lung damage...
« Reply #40 on: Oct 10, 2020, 07:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bart [+]
Thanks for the RR Gus, its nice to see someone having some sort of trip. Great photo's as ever  :031:

My annual mileage has been also severely reduced this year, but I "braved" a brief four day self contained camping trip to N Wales last month to ride some different  roads. However, I was appalled at the lack of precautions by most people. For example on the camp site there was sanitizer every but in 4 day days I only saw 2 people use it. Then on my return trip home I called in at a bikers cafe (Crossgates) and sat opposite the entrance for an hour, absolutely no one used the sanitizer when entering, which seemed very odd as most were old, male, with many over weight and probably unfit.... :lostit: :lostit: no wonder things are as they are.

Sounds about the same as in the US, but we probably have higher proportions of the population that think that "this is no worse than the flu" and "you are infringing on my personal liberties" when you ask me to take simple common sense precautions to stop a pandemic from spreading.  That's why we are No. 1!   :157:

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline Siberman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650
« Reply #41 on: Oct 11, 2020, 07:49 AM »
I know that I have mentioned this before but your pictures always highlight just how crowded it is here. Stop. Itís depressing me.😉
I'm sorry, really bad reception here, you said your name was Dr. who?

Offline Bart

• Versys God
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #42 on: Oct 11, 2020, 04:07 PM »
I posted similar to my above post on two other forums and had a even more muted response. I don't know if it is that l most disagree or just do not care. Either way we all lose.

Yes, are a crowded country but there are times/places to escape to when permitted. It seems the camper van brigade have now just about vacated W Wales at long last, with only a couple of guys today trying to drive them like a sports car  :lostit: :lostit: .

Gus, my apologies for hijacking your thread  :192:

RD250, XJ600, VFR750, CBR900, Hornet 600, RD400, RD350 YPVS, CBR600 Sport, DRZ400, DR650, XT660R, BMW R1100RS, Versys 650, CBR1000RR, Versys 650, AdvVersys 650, CB1300S, VF1000, MkII V1k, XT1200ZE, Vstrom 650

Online Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
« Reply #43 on: Oct 11, 2020, 06:16 PM »
Don't worry about it Bart.  I think most threads on any forum are like a virtual pub meet.  Especially the travel ones.  The conversation starts with a story and then meanders as different topics come up in the conversation.  Just don't forget that since this is my thread, you are buying the next pint...    :031:

Gustavo

Offline Bart

• Versys God
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #44 on: Oct 11, 2020, 10:36 PM »
I'll look forward to that....very very much.  :152:
RD250, XJ600, VFR750, CBR900, Hornet 600, RD400, RD350 YPVS, CBR600 Sport, DRZ400, DR650, XT660R, BMW R1100RS, Versys 650, CBR1000RR, Versys 650, AdvVersys 650, CB1300S, VF1000, MkII V1k, XT1200ZE, Vstrom 650

Online Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
« Reply #45 on: Oct 12, 2020, 12:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Siberman [+]
I know that I have mentioned this before but your pictures always highlight just how crowded it is here. Stop. Itís depressing me.😉

Just in case you missed the reference - we are planning on trying the IVM in the western US again.  Probably in the same location that the aborted 2020 IVM was supposed to be and around the same time of the year - June 2021 - with final dates TBD based on work limitations from those of us that still need to do such mundane things as earn an income...  Start saving your vacation days and pennies now, you'll thank me later (unless The Donald really screws it up and we still have a pandemic or civil war by then...   :33:)

Gustavo

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #46 on: Oct 12, 2020, 12:55 AM »

..... in which case Welcome to Canada

We'll gear something up in or near the southern Canadian Rockies. No Donald and hopefully no covid, although not taking bets on that at the moment.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 + Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #47 on: Oct 12, 2020, 02:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]
Start saving your vacation days and pennies now, you'll thank me later (unless The Donald really screws it up and we still have a pandemic or civil war by then...   :33:)
Gustavo
Gus

Hate to say this but it could be both at this rate 😟😟

I may even ship my V650 out to Robs and then we can ride across together and welcome you to safety once you cross the Canadian border 🤔👍
Richard    :001: 

Online Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
« Reply #48 on: Oct 12, 2020, 02:51 AM »
You are both assuming that refugees from failed democracies (aka shithole countries) would be allowed into Canada in 2021...    :33:

:008:

Gustavo

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #49 on: Oct 12, 2020, 12:42 PM »

There's certainly a consensus here for keeping the U.S. border closed for quite some time yet. Our covid numbers are spiking fast in Quebec and Ontario and international flights are limited to a small handful of cities. The most easterly is Montreal.

Much has to change before there'll be a 2021 IVM in western N. America.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.