Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Upgrade engine performance  (Read 272 times)

Offline Duarte

• Versys Member
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: Rushden
Upgrade engine performance
« on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:31 PM »
Hi

I been looking into what can I do to upgrade the engine for better. I was reading here in the forum a topic from 2007 but didnít say much in the end.
I asked before elsewhere and someone told me that they installed 2 intake cams from the ninja 2006 and was working great on their versys.

Does anyone here tryed something crazy and it worked. I read I think here that there is a high compression piston from wiseco that fits Versys engine....anyone?

I already remmaped (before you go there)

Anyone can give me some lights.

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
Re: Upgrade engine performance
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2020, 10:21 PM »
It would be helpful if you actually explained what you already did.  You said you remapped it.  What exhaust/intake mods are you running?

I have my doubts about that Ninja intake cams story.  A Versys with two intake cams (Ninja or Versys sourced) wouldn't run at all, let alone better.  Maybe they switched to Ninja cams (both intake and exhaust), which would make more sense and has been done before.  The thing is that after all that work, the gains are minor.  In order to get the gains you read about (like those that are used by those racing Ninja 650s) a lot of work is needed. 

Here are some parts, shipping may be free if you buy enough, but installation is not included:
https://www.spearsenterprises.com/product-category/kawasaki-er-ex650/

There is a good reason for the joke that asks  -  How do you make a small fortune?

You start with a big one and go racing...      :008:

If I didn't have personal experience with that, I would have thought it was funny too...    :015:

Gustavo

Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline Duarte

• Versys Member
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: Rushden
Re: Upgrade engine performance
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2020, 10:30 PM »
What the guy told me was that he instaled 2 intake cams on the versys engine and asked the remap guy to put the map of the ninja on his ecu. Some adjusts on that and is running

Thanks for the link.

I have:
Dna filter
Black widow downpipes
Ixil hyperflow
Remap