Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: hand Guards  (Read 632 times)

Offline jdoyle

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 Mk1
  • City / Town: Wicklow
hand Guards
« on: Oct 26, 2020, 06:20 PM »
Anyone used these hand guards
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Guards-Universal-Protector-Motorcycle/dp/B08CY5YNXS/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=KLE+650+hand+guards&qid=1603456642&sr=8-11

I have ordered some Heated grips and have read that you could do with hand guards to keep the wind off

The issue that I see with the hand guards is that they appear to come with bolts that go inside the handlebars and expand and attach the hand guards to them
Problem is that the existing bar weights are attached to a nut that is welded in to the end of the bars
Do you guys think they would work ? just bolted on to the end of the handlebar ends / weights
Cheers

Online mac one

• Versys God
Re: hand Guards
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2020, 06:59 PM »
I fitted KTM guards a few years back without bar end weights not noticed no difference.

Offline Maverick

• Versys God
  • Bike: Not enough space
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2020, 12:12 AM »
Genuine BarkBusters make a kit for the Versys, fits like a glove and is stronger than the bike.
https://barkbusters.net/what-fits-my/kawasaki/kle650-versys-all/

Offline riggerjim

• Versys God
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2020, 04:21 PM »
I've got the Kawasaki ones fit perfectly
Jim

Offline ArfurB

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Mk 2. 650 Black
  • City / Town: Rainham.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2020, 09:50 PM »
I've got Sodial Z900/Versys handguards from Amazon, they're about 22. They look like Kappa copies and fit well enough. They keep the bar end weights. The bar ends have an 8mm thread in them so an expanding fitting won't work anyway.
ArfurB

Offline Mhirst121

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2020, 04:37 AM »
I have just received and fit the handguards from the eBay number 303561121952, to my Mk1.
I have to say for the price I was very impressed, all stainless fittings, powder coated brackets and well made. The brake side bracket needed a bit of bending to get a better fit, but nothing major. I have some on my Ninja 1000sx that were over four times the price of these and they are far worse quality.

Offline jdoyle

• Versys Pro
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2020, 08:34 AM »
Many many thanks for all the replys guys :-)

The Bark busters and Oem hand guards are no doubt much better quality
Especially like the embossed Kawasaki emblem on the Oem ones but are pricey ( you get what you pay for )

I like the ebay / amazon ones for about 22 that look similar and could maybe put a small Kawasaki sticker on them :-)

A few options to look at there
Thanks very much guys
J

Offline kevin..in

• Versys God
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: stoke
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2020, 06:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by jdoyle [+]
Many many thanks for all the replys guys :-)

The Bark busters and Oem hand guards are no doubt much better quality
Especially like the embossed Kawasaki emblem on the Oem ones but are pricey ( you get what you pay for )

I like the ebay / amazon ones for about 22 that look similar and could maybe put a small Kawasaki sticker on them :-)

A few options to look at there
Thanks very much guys
J
search ebay for a used genuine set, there are several on there, if the plastics are scuffed you can buy them new separately from kawasaki
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2020, 06:34 PM by kevin..in »

Offline jdoyle

• Versys Pro
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2020, 10:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by kevin..in [+]
search ebay for a used genuine set, there are several on there, if the plastics are scuffed you can buy them new separately from kawasaki
Yeah been looking on ebay uk as well as ebay.ie
did not see any at all on the Irish ebay and only 1 or 2 on the uk site but some of uk ebay sellers wont post to Ireland and when they do the postage can be expensive

But as a small consolation I did order a top box and mounting kit some earplugs and chain cleaner for myself for Christmas :-) to go with the heated grips i ordered last week