Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Winter gloves  (Read 1149 times)

Offline eggsy64

• Versys Pro
  • Living the dream so the wife says!!
  • Bike: Versys 650 KLE
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Winter gloves
« on: Oct 27, 2020, 04:49 PM »
What winter gloves do people prefer on here ?? Got caught I an hours rain storm yesterday and mine were useless still wet on the inside now . Iím presuming you get what you pay for .
🦊🦊🦊

Offline wwhite139

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: White 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bangor
Re: Winter gloves
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2020, 05:47 PM »
Best winter gloves I use are a pair of gauntlets without a brand name on them unfortunately. Lovely and warm even when damp. I usually give them a rub over with some dubbin at the start of winter to keep them reasonably waterproof and also supple. Iím not so keen on the length of the cuff on them, and bought a new pair of gloves a few days ago which havenít arrived yet, for which I have ordered a pair of silk/lyrca liners ( still making my mind up about which heated grips 🤣🤣)

Offline Wal

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2020, 06:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by eggsy64 [+]
What winter gloves do people prefer on here ?? Got caught I an hours rain storm yesterday and mine were useless still wet on the inside now . Iím presuming you get what you pay for .

nope...... :015:  my £98 alpinestars goretex winter gloves are pretty crap in the rain/cold, now got Gerbing heated....lovely :43:

Offline mac one

• Versys God
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2020, 08:41 PM »
Handlebar muffs , heated grips and summer gloves = spot on. Can't wear winter gloves i find them too lumpy .

Offline eggsy64

• Versys Pro
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2020, 10:07 PM »
Mine are warm and I have heated grips but absolutely rubbish at keeping water out
🦊🦊🦊

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys /16 GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:47 PM »
I have a pair of the older triumph branded winter gloves (I know they don't actually make them themselves and have now changed the ones they sell anyway), they have done me for the last 8 winters seem to be good even in torrential rain , although with hand guards/ heated grips/ heated seat and heated gilet I only come out of summer gloves (BKS Stingray) for a couple of months at most.
Mark.

Offline eggsy64

• Versys Pro
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2020, 02:15 PM »
I do have decent summer gloves might just use them with my liners and heated grips
🦊🦊🦊

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2020, 02:35 PM »
My hands get really cold, even when it's only 10C outside.  For years I tried combinations of heated grips and different gloves.  It didn't work well enough for longer rides.  My hands would still freeze.  I am sure muffs would help keep a lot of that cold air out.  It's a relatively cheap and effective idea.  Because most people don't commute here in winter, not very common, so I never tried them on the bikes that had heated grips. 

Instead of installing heated grips, I have moved on to heated gloves.  It's a lot more effective in heating your hands, they go with you from bike to bike (this is especially handy when you have multiple bikes and/or travel to ride other bikes) and work well even on early summer rides when you go places where it's still snowing and close to freezing outside.  Not cheap, but considering that my first pair lasted 10 years and I am still using it, not unreasonable as far as MC gear goes.  Plus, what price to retaining feeling in your fingers when you need to finesse that brake lever pull?   :notsure:

https://www.warmnsafe.com/products/the-rider-classic-style-mens-heated-gloves

You get a heated jacket liner to go with it, and you are ready for anything winter can throw at you.  Well, maybe not icy roads  :22:, but other than that...    :biker1:

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline anderson

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLE 650 CDF
  • City / Town: Cornwall
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2020, 12:42 PM »
I use Bikers Paradise Stealth Winter gloves. Never, ever had a leak even after 100s of miles in the worst rain. Less than £50 and tons of protection. With heated handgrips
And bark busters I never feel cold.

https://www.bikersparadise.co.uk/Mens-Stealth-Winter-Gloves.html

Theyíre super helpful if you give them a ring. Nice folks.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Offline riggerjim

• Versys God
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 2020, 04:29 PM »
I have heated grips that work great heated inner gloves also work well but a pain threading the wires through a jacket
Jim