Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hello to all.  (Read 395 times)

Offline Barefoot

• Versys Member
  • States I have rode in.
  • Bike: 2012 yellow/blac
  • City / Town: Liberty Mills In
Hello to all.
« on: Dec 03, 2020, 02:29 AM »
Had to put  my bike into winter storage today. Always a sad time for me but this year it's more so than before.
During the summer of 18 I had a farmer pulling a manure spreader pull out in front of me, with no room to stop I swerved to around him at which time he turned and drove over me and the bike.
I got pulled into the front wheel and spit me back out into a limestone gravel lot, and my 2012 Versys  got eaten by the truck.
 I have always been a ATGATT guy. I had a Firstgear Kathmandu suit and same brand gloves and boots.
The suit is still being used but the gloves and boots died. I myself ended up with a broken toe only.
My Dealer found me a great deal on a 2010 NT700GT. It rides ok but is the most gutless bike I ever owned.  Hopefully I will be back on a Versys this spring. I do like the 2nd gens real well and still have a lot of stuff from the dead one to bolt on.
So to all of still riding, enjoy yours for me and watch out for sh#t.

Offline mac one

• Versys God
Re: Hello to all.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2020, 12:13 PM »
Wow that was a lucky escape, but on the bright side you live to ride another day and at least you have another bike to use until another Versys comes along.

Offline Barefoot

• Versys Member
  • States I have rode in.
  • Bike: 2012 yellow/blac
  • City / Town: Liberty Mills In
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2020, 01:23 PM »
Thanks.    I was headed south and running at least 15 or 20 over the limit about a half mile north of a high school. The police took about 50 pictures. Now my sister in law teaches at that school and tells me that the police are going around the schools showing the pics and preaching about  safety gear and how well it works. So I guess some good comes from it.

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2020, 03:34 PM »
That sounded like a really bad accident and you walked away with a broken toe?  I've had garage drops that ended in more damage than that...   :lostit:    You were very lucky.   :31:

A friend had an NT700.  It's a surprisingly good bike, but like you say, the power delivery and weight makes it seem like it is underpowered.  It's efficient transportation, not exciting one.  The good news for those in the market to buy a new-to-them Versys is that used Versys cheap, so you should be able to find one that meets your color and condition preferences easily and for not a lot of cash.  Remember that if you want ABS, those Mk2 started showing up here as 2014 models, but it was an option, so not all bikes have it.

Gustavo'
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline bgp

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black 07 Versys
  • City / Town: Zagreb
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2020, 04:16 PM »
Bikes: Original 2007 Versys and 2003 ZRX1200S