Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Bike Paddock Stands - or straight for centre stand?  (Read 6148 times)

Offline anderson

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk2 650 2013
  • City / Town: Cornwall
Re: Bike Paddock Stands - or straight for centre stand?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2021, 04:03 PM »
I will echo Gustavo here. I had a stand with the flat parts (from my old bike). But when i tried to use it on the versys it just doesnít work at all because of the versys swingarm shape.
I very quickly went and bought a new stand that works with bobbins. I used some bolts instead of bobbins. Although being a skinflint means the stand scratches the near side swingarm. I now see why bobbins are used.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 04:04 PM by anderson »
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Offline Micklel

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 ABS
  • City / Town: Stamford
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2021, 04:42 PM »
Thanks for responding.  Yes thatís the one & I have the forks & bobbins fitted, I admit thereís a knack to it but I think you need to lift the bike at the rear with your left arm whilst pushing with your right.  I failed to mention that since buying the stand Iíve a tear in my left rotator cuff & have lost a lot of strength in my left arm.  Just want something that I can slide in easily & push down 🤔😕
Honda c50, Honda CB175, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT750, Suzuki GS1000E, HD1200 Sport, Yamaha Fazer 600, Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS

Offline Micklel

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2021, 04:45 PM »
A quickie, you canít use the pads with the ABS Versys as thereís a cable running under the swinging arm.
Honda c50, Honda CB175, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT750, Suzuki GS1000E, HD1200 Sport, Yamaha Fazer 600, Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS

Online Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2021, 04:54 PM »
I almost forgot.  There is always a forward handle rear stand as an easier to operate option:

https://www.pit-bull.com/spooled-forward-handle-rear-motorcycle-stand-f0043-000

Pit-Bull stands are not cheap (and less so if you have to ship across the pond), but they are very well made (I have a couple in the garage).  There may be knock-offs that are cheaper, especially if they are in stock in the UK.

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2021, 05:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]
I almost forgot.  There is always a forward handle rear stand as an easier to operate option:

Pit-Bull stands are not cheap (and less so if you have to ship across the pond), but they are very well made (I have a couple in the garage).  There may be knock-offs that are cheaper, especially if they are in stock in the UK.

Gustavo
Yep, ya can't beat a pit - bull in your garage.    Way better than alarms.  :whistle:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Micklel

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2021, 06:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]

Gustavo

Cheers, never seen a forward spool stand although in the video he made the normal stand operation look like a piece of cake 🙄

Offline anderson

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk2 650 2013
  • City / Town: Cornwall
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2021, 08:13 PM »
I bought this for my V a month or so ago.

Works fine. Doesn't require a huge push and the bike is picked up from the side stand and up onto the paddock very smoothly. No fear of it going over. Just make sure the bobbins are aligned before you push.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232729409115
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Offline Micklel

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2021, 08:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by anderson [+]
I bought this for my V a month or so ago.

Works fine. Doesn't require a huge push and the bike is picked up from the side stand and up onto the paddock very smoothly. No fear of it going over. Just make sure the bobbins are aligned before you push.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232729409115

Thanks will take a look at it 👍