Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Update !  (Read 3885 times)

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: V650Mk1 + V1kMk2
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
Re: Update !
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2021, 10:15 AM »
With all the cr@p that you suspect that was in the fuel tank etc, did you clean out the fuel line hose from the tank to the injectors  :notsure:
That could be partially blocked / restricted  :027:
Richard    :001: 

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by John hughes [+]
100 miles away, I didnít know there was a breather pipe to the tank.
I know thereís a drain hole inside the filler cap, to stop water getting into the tank, but I thought the tank would vent through the filler cap.
Where is the tank breather hose please ?
Sorry I may have caused confusion.   I meant the hole in the fuel filler cap that vents the tank. Maybe you could run the bike with the fuel cap open to see if that alleviates your problem. But obviously not with a full tank of fuel .   
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Wal

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #12 on: Feb 26, 2021, 09:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by John hughes [+]
Wal, I have owned and ridden Versys before, and believe me my friend this bike has a problem !
Iím a fairly experienced biker having riden since I was sixteen, started on an FS1E, and Iím 60 this year, Iíve always done my own servicing, as well as having tackled a few pretty big projects through the years, including two, nut & bolt rebuilds. But Iím scratching my head with this one !

fair do's....just checking... :002: :028:

its got me puzzled.....i still suspect fuel starvation/air leak, but don't know where... :187:, also i'm wondering at 30k plus miles have the valve clearances ever been checked, but valves would probably affect all the rev range

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2021, 10:23 PM »

Bike's not idling well either so maybe there is something wrong across the range.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline healdem

• Versys God
  • Macclesfield, Cheshire
  • Bike: '11 Tiger800 ABS
« Reply #14 on: Feb 26, 2021, 10:40 PM »
tank vent may be a good call
I've seen those sort of issues on cars

I did think the fuel line fromt he pump could be blocked, but isn't there a filter on the pump to stop gunk getting through

Offline mac one

• Versys God
« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2021, 11:21 AM »
Once had a blocked petrol cap vent hole in an old Triumph Herald in the 70s and the tank imploded, well when the tank cracked that let the air in. I remember drilling a couple of  petrol caps in the 70s and 80.  You could often hear the air sucking back into the tank when refilling the tank after a good run out, so a ride with the cap open might give the answer, as said by 100milesaway.

Offline Spike240

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: Fylde Coast
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2021, 09:16 PM »
Hi John. I have been following this thread with interest, and wondered whether you had made any progress.
I realise with the lockdown its a bit awkward getting out testing. I hope you have sorted it anyway.
Atb

Offline John hughes

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2011 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2021, 07:21 PM »
Hi People, sorry not posted to keep you informed of progress, so here goes !
Bike still the same ! i.e. it doesnít want to Rev, especially in the higher gears.
I have been pointed in the direction of a bike shop in Portsmouth called BikeMoto. Theyíre supposed to be very good. I phoned them and explained what was happening, and all the things Iíd already tried. They suggested that if I took the bike to them the first thing they would do is send off the injectors to be cleaned and tested, but obviously, the bike would have to stay with them, and they would have to charge me for the storage, aswell as the work on the injectors, and of course the cost of getting the bike stripped down and rebuilt.
They then suggested that I could actually do all this myself, if I was confident enough, and it would obviously save me a fair few quid, they even gave me the name of the place they use to service the injectors. So thatís where Iím at. Injectors were posted off last week and should be back soon.
Iím not holding out much hope to be honest, but what else can I do ?
Iíll update you all when thereís any news !

Offline Spike240

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: Fylde Coast
« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2021, 08:50 PM »
 Thanks for coming back. This is a nightmare. I totally understand your lack of confidence in the fix, but I hope it does sort it.
All the best & I'll keep everything crossed.