Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Unknown rack/luggage system.  (Read 400 times)

Offline Biker410

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys650
  • City / Town: WORKSOP
Unknown rack/luggage system.
« on: Apr 05, 2021, 06:33 PM »
Hi all, recently bought a rack system believed to be for my 09 plate kwak versys 650, can't see how it fits. Is the versys 1000 frame different?
Can anyone recognise it and what/how it will fit please.
Confirmed by givi its not theirs.
      Thanks all.

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
Re: Unknown rack/luggage system.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2021, 12:20 PM »

Doesn't look at all familiar.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Kawaboy

• Versys God
  • Bike: MK1 V / F800GT
  • City / Town: Skiptonish
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2021, 07:33 PM »
I have a 2009.
Struggling to figure that one  :188:
I want to retire, no longer required,
I want to get by without the man on my back.

Offline fw750x

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650cc
  • City / Town: Belfast
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2021, 09:39 PM »
Hello Biker 410 the 2 Top Plates are for the Top Box the Silver Circle on the Side should Say GIVI or Kappa , The Side Pannier Rails the Left Hand Rail in the Picture would be for the Throttle side of the Bike and the Right hand Rail in the Picture would be for the Clutch Side. The Pannier Rail  End at the Top of the Picture Bolts onto the Pillion Footrest  and would Have ONLY 1 Bent over Bracket At the Top Run of the Rail  which Bolts onto the Pillion Grab Rail ( You need to Remove the Cover on the Grab Rail to fit the Pannier Rails ) These Pannier Rails are NOT for a 2009 Versys 650 . The Lug at the end of the Pannier Rail when you line it up with the Bike should be Pointing to the Ground and Turned round 90 Degrees as the Bolt in the Pillion Footrest Screws in from the Back of the Bike , The Bolt go,s through this Lug . I have a 2010 Versys 650 and had GIVI Pannier Rails and a Top Box Rack fitted and was So different to these Rails , Givi  and KAPPA are Really the Same Product . The Givi Top Box Bracket was Bolted to the Pannier Rail and Had Extra Holes to allow refitting the Rear Indicators as the Top Box Bracket or the Pannier Rails  fouled the indicators so they had to be Lowered or the indicator Arms Had to be Shortened to allow them to stay in their original Place . If i can find the Pictures of my Versys i will put them up . Hope this Helps Cheers Francis

Offline Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2021, 07:19 PM »
I got these pannier racks second hand for my 2009 Versys650 but never fitted them, they came with the Top Box rail which was the part I needed. I think they would be the correct ones for that model but cannot be 100% sure, it should give you an idea of the difference compared to the set you have which do not look correct for the 2009 model. If anybody wants my set they are available free of charge collection only from Middlesbrough but I cannot gaurantee they will fit so please don't drive 200 miles for them only to be disappointed as I have never fitted them.  They were bought for the MK1 so should do the job.

FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700